|Solution Architect - Solution Owner|
Who we are
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 to 2018, Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
One of our fastest-growing capabilities is Slalom Build, which uses agile engineering to deliver custom-built digital products and solutions. Slalom Build is a network of seven Build Centers that consist of passionate technology builders of wide variety of disciplines including solution ownership, quality engineering, software engineering, experience design, cloud architecture and devops automation. Strategic partners include Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau, and Google Cloud.
Solution Architect – Solution Owner
What we're looking for
Slalom is seeking a talented, self-starting Solution Architect level Solution Owner to lead the discovery and implementation phases of complex projects for Slalom-built solutions. As a Solution Architect level Solution Owner you will lead large, complex projects with focus on exemplary quality assurance, excellent client relationships, and demonstrated thought leadership. Your primary responsibilities include defining project delivery roadmaps, hands-on management of complex projects, and developing strong partnerships with clients.
What you'll do
• Perform complex software delivery project management on client engagements
• Maintain client/partner relationships and demonstrate expertise in leading/overseeing agile projects to ensure successful outcomes
• Responsible for project financials to achieve targeted financial results
• Work with Product Owners and Solution Architects to define and deliver the technology solutions for clients
• Develop and promote innovative agile and team leadership solutions, methodologies and proposals
• Support onboarding of consultants to projects; work with people managers and consultants to assess project fit
• Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day direction for a team on project(s)
• Demonstrate proficiency in contributing to proposals, RFPs, and SOWs
• Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
• 8+ years of consulting experience in iterative software development as a team lead, program lead, or similar role
• Experience in all phases of product development, software development, and testing lifecycles
• Management experience in established technology and product departments with mature program management processes and standards for both Agile and waterfall project methodologies
• Advanced facilitation and communication skillsets
• Hands-on management of complex projects with multiple work streams and $3M+ budgets; management of roadmaps and financials
• Expertise in agile software delivery methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, and Lean
• A real passion for building software solutions with state of the art technology
• You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law