|Operations Manager - Slalom Build|
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom is seeking an Operations Manager to join our Slalom Build Operations team. This energetic, connected team supports our 850+ “Builders” through program management, onboarding, event management, communications, facilities, and general business operations. We support an amazing group of bright, passionate, experienced engineers, consultants, and leaders. We value taking ownership and getting things done. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated commitment to excellence, flexibility, poise, confidence, and the ability to partner with our leaders.
Build Center Operations:
• Provide operational leadership in a team environment & partner with our leadership team
• Own all aspects of the onboarding experience for new employees
• Planning and oversight of internal team events from the early stages to day-of execution. Duties include; venue/vendor negotiations, budgeting, communications, menu planning, vendor coordination, on-site event setup, etc.
• Plan and implement culture programs for the Slalom Build Team in an effort to continue to be a best place to work
• Partner with our Spaces team to identify office growth needs, oversee space reconfigurations, and help to maintain a clean and organized working environment, including overseeing office and kitchen supplies
• Manage office purchases
• Liaison to IT support
• Build relationships with other Operations teams to promote and foster internal communications
• Manage internal programs to continue to improve our processes across our multiple Build Centers
• 4+ years of experience in an operations setting, preferably in a fast paced and challenging environment
• Event Management experience required
• Proven ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
• Problem solver who seeks sustainable solutions vs isolated fixes
• Proven ability to set priorities and work independently with little or no supervision
• Excellent grammatical, editing, and proofreading skills required
• Scrupulous attention to detail, able to develop and maintain highly organized work environment
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously; while remaining flexible and consistently meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that the culture we support reflect that belief
• Maintains professional composure at all times
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Advanced skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.