|Senior Architect - Quality Engineering|
Architect – Quality Engineering
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build maximizes a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to redefining their industries.
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 to 2019, Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us over 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., Canada and Australia.
Job Title: QE Architect
At Slalom, our Quality Engineering practice is dedicated to maximizing the value and effectiveness of our delivery teams by bringing modern, innovative testing techniques and tools to our solutions and our clients. Our team of experienced quality engineering professionals embrace collaborative, agile testing processes and focus on enabling whole-team ownership of quality.
Slalom Build is seeking senior candidates for Quality Engineering (QE) Architect roles within its rapidly growing Software QE Practice . This role requires leading teams of QE/testing personnel, providing thought leadership to define and implement well-balanced test strategies, and communicating with a variety of Slalom clients. Additionally, the QE Lead will have opportunities to contribute to practice development and helping Slalom grow as a premier QE organization.
Qualified candidates will have proven experience in the Software QE (or related) field, with at least three years as a Test Lead, Manager, or Architect. Experience should extend across both manual and automated testing in a variety of Agile delivery models.
· Lead all aspects of testing on client projects of medium to large size and complexity
· Develop overall QE/testing strategy for client projects, including automation, performance, etc.
· Manage full QE/testing teams through all phases of the project lifecycle
· Create and maintain resourcing plans
· Engage directly with senior client partners
· Design test reporting and metrics appropriate to project needs
· Assess solution risk and assist project team in prioritizing test efforts
· Advise and assist project members with distributed QE responsibilities (e.g. unit testing)
· Select and configure appropriate toolsets to effective manage project testing
· Provide thought leadership and contribute to the development of QE standards and methodology at Slalom
· Perform all responsibilities of more junior QE team members when required
· 5+ years UI Test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Watir)
· Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
· Diverse experiences in leading test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
· Delivery leadership within Agile methodology projects (e.g. Scrum)
· Proficiency using common test management tools (e.g. TestRail, HP ALM)
· Breadth of experience in various QE-related roles such as:
· QE Architect
· QE Lead / QE Manager
· Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
· Automation tester or automation framework developer
· Manual functional tester
· Performance test engineer
· Defect manager
· QE tools, reporting, and metrics specialist
· Mobile or web UX tester
· Test environment or test data coordinator/lead
· Additional technical experience across areas such as Unit testing, Integration testing, API testing, DevOps, and custom test tool development
· Consulting experience working with senior-level clients (Director, VP, C-level)
· People Management experience
· Project management and Scrum master certifications
· Experience defining standard methodologies and tools for a QE organization
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law