|Solution Principal - Software Development|
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Who You Are
You have a passion for building strategies, solutions and creative products to help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. As a leader within the practice, you’ll architect and build cloud-native, rich-internet and mobile applications and systems. You’ll also lead technology strategy, architecture & design, and development using groundbreaking engineering and delivery practices. Finally, you’ll help us grow our practice: shaping solution offerings, developing thought leadership in the community and managing teams.
· Meet with and evaluate client business challenges and help them evaluate and arrive at the best-fit technology solution
· Collaborate with delivery managers to assess work effort for a solution
· Work with highly skilled Slalom team members to design and develop state of the art solutions
· Design, document, and develop world-class, modern applications using the full spectrum of technologies and design patterns
· Collaborate with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
· Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project
· Work on POC projects with cutting-edge technologies
· Manage a group of engineers; connecting regularly to provide professional development, career guidance and mentorship
· Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
· Significant breadth and depth in architecture, development and implementation of software products
· Deep hands-on knowledge of one or more of the following:
o JVM technologies: such as Java/Scala, Spring/Play/Jersey, Hibernate/JOOQ, Netflix OSS
o .NET stack: such as C#, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), .NET Core
· Strong background in relational databases, such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
· Knowledge and understanding of RESTful service design
· Skilled in cloud architecture including; Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
· Strong understanding and experience with Agile project management methodologies
· Experience leading development teams through everyday project tasks and collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
· Strong ability to share ideas and communicate with peers and clients
· Experience managing and mentoring software engineers as direct reports
· Mobile Applications - Android, iOS (Swift, Objective-C), or Hybrid (Xamarin, Ionic, etc.)
· Non-Relational Databases - MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB, BigTable.
· DevOps – continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD)
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.