|QE Engineer - Quality Engineering|
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: QE Engineer
Slalom is seeking candidates for Quality Engineering (QE) roles within its rapidly growing Software QE Practice. This role requires working with project teams to implement test strategies across a variety of Slalom clients. Successful candidates have experience working within an Agile delivery model and can plan and execute tests that leverage the latest tools and automation frameworks.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of two years of experience in the Software QE (or related) field within an established QE department, with experience creating tests within one or more automation frameworks.
• Work closely with Scrum team throughout a project to constantly monitor and provide feedback on the quality of the product
• Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on all variety of platforms (e.g. mobile, web, portal frameworks)
• Contribute to various elements of automated testing for client engagements
• Produce test estimates for testing activities
• Produce status reports and quality metrics
• Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
• Assist project teams in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria
• Share knowledge and help build skills of other team members of the QE team
• 2-3 years of functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
• UI Test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Watir)
• Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
• Project experience using an Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum)
• Experience with test management tools (e.g. TestRail, HP ALM)
• Mixed experience in various QE-related roles such as:
o Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
o Automation tester or automation framework developer
o Manual functional tester
o Performance test engineer
o QE tools, reporting, and metrics
o Mobile or web UX tester
o Test environment or test data coordinator/lead
• Additional technical experience:
o Unit and integration testing
o Service / API testing
o Performance / load testing
o DevOps / build engineering
o Application security testing
o Custom test tool development
o Mobile application automation
o SQL proficiency
• Project management, Scrum master
• Business requirements analysis
• Consulting experience
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.