Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000+ employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: IT Project Manager, Globalization
This position will partner closely with other IT teams to deliver technical projects that enhance or add to Slalom business units’ capabilities. Success will come to those who have a penchant for organization, detail, collaboration and teambuilding. Character and project management competencies are equally important.
We are Slalom IT:
- We like donuts. Who doesn't?
- We whiteboard. Best way to come up with a good idea is eliminate a few bad ones.
- We pick each other up. There aren't any breadsticks, but when you're here you're family.
- We smile. Coworker out of town for the holidays? Help us gift wrap their desk. And chair. And monitors. You get the idea.
- We play. There's something in the air here… oh, it's a Nerf dart. You have to watch out for those!
- We build. When we aren’t creating amazing solutions, you can find us inventing something new on our Lego wall.
- We have a purpose. We help our people, clients, and communities be amazing.
- Oh, and we were recently voted Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! But enough about us…
You may be a candidate for this role if: (a few ideas to get your started)
- You are excited to get out of bed every day and see what you can tackle
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving
- You love the challenge of finding just the right blend of art and science when managing the triple constraint
- Collaborate with project team members to develop a detailed project schedule that is sporty, yet realistic, and sets the project up for success.
- Develop and nurture relationships with a multitude of individuals you work with that is based on trust and can withstand the inevitable ups and downs of a project.
- Facilitates thoughtful and balanced project retrospectives
- Develop a compelling business case for a late breaking initiative that has three key stakeholders with competing business priorities.
- Mentor other project managers and team members on project delivery best practices and the art of delivery excellence.
- 5+ years in a project management role + a history of increasing leadership responsibilities
- Managed a diverse portfolio of projects in your career - large and small ($50K - $1M+), across multiple domains (i.e. business process, applications, infrastructure, risk/compliance, etc.), and different business capability areas (i.e. sales, finance, operations, product development, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing several different solution delivery frameworks to deliver projects (i.e. Waterfall, RAD, Agile, DevOps, LEAN); keen understanding of how project management disciplines weave throughout each
- A bias for planning
- Strength in addressing change management/business readiness
- Customer centered mindset – ability to derive clear understanding of desired business outcomes, scope, and solution, and demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency – while remaining calm and balanced under pressure
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating right-sized structure in ambiguous environments
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project leadership and delivery
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills – ability to lead and influence without authority and have an impact; servant leader; active listener and know how to tailor communication to all audiences - both content and format; executive presence
- A pragmatic focus on getting work done with resources available, and despite inevitable challenges along the way
- A continuous improvement mindset – ability to give and receive feedback and always looking for opportunities to continually improve how we deliver solutions to our customers
- International Experience is a plus
- Management Consulting experience
- Enterprise Portfolio Management experience
- Continual Education or Certifications in project management, continual improvement, or change management
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.