IT Advisory Services Consultant
Job Description: Partner with clients to leverage IT and business applications to drive client business outcomes. Design and implement solutions to improve IT strategies and architectures, manage complex business IT transformations, optimize IT performance/value, manage IT costs, and mitigate both IT and business risks.
- Meet with and evaluate client business challenges and help them evaluate and arrive at the best-fit technology solution.
- Design and implement IT solutions to drive help clients improve performance of the IT organization and mitigate risk in a broad variety of areas including technology, information, data, security, and integration.
- Perform due diligence, assessing and documenting technical and business processes, infrastructure requirements, data compliance, technology vendor contracts, and other areas as needed
- Anticipate and communicate complexities associated with consolidating various systems and software across multiple platforms and business areas
- Evaluate and identify IT-related risks, including compliance, operations, revenue and growth risks.
- Develop, as part of a team, IT strategy and planning deliverables to address IT risks and improve effectiveness of the IT organization, specifically focusing on business application integration
- Collaborate with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Willingness to be a part of high-performing team in a diverse environment, and ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Strong ability to share ideas and communicate with peers and clients
- Business, technical, and system analysis experience
- Experience in Requirements Development for the enhancement, replacement, or introduction of IT systems
- Deep expertise and demonstrated experience consulting in multiple of the following IT disciplines:
- IT road map development
- IT strategy development
- IT transformation
- IT due diligence and post-merger integration
- Enterprise architecture
- IT cost management/cost reduction
- IT risk mitigation
- IT sourcing and procurement
- Application rationalization
- Cloud computing
- IT program delivery and enterprise software implementation
- Experience working in multiple businesses, business domains, and industries
- Knowledge of application development practices, systems development lifecycle, and implementation of software products
- Experience leading teams through everyday project tasks and collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and/or certification in one or more of the following areas: Agile/Scrum, ERP/CRM Implementation, Lean Six Sigma, ITIL, Data & Analytics
- Project Management experience
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.