Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We are named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us across the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Revenue Accounting
Slalom is searching for a Senior Manager for our centralized Revenue Accounting team. This person will work with various teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will be responsible for numerous projects related to supporting the company’s rapid global growth. This person will also play a role in the monthly revenue close cycle and will manage, coach and develop a 5-person team with roles ranging from Staff Accountant to Manager. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of advanced revenue accounting principles and complex international accounting concepts; including hands on experience with ASC 606, a demonstrated ability to solve issues, drive change and develop processes that scale, experience working at a global company and a passion and enthusiasm to take our Accounting organization to the next level.
We are Slalom Accounting:
- We dig in. Every number tells a story, and we thrive on taking a deeper dive. We are not afraid of the details.
- We go above and beyond. Going the extra mile for the internal clients that we support is our specialty.
- We have fun. Accounting may not be inherently entertaining, but we do everything we can to make our work enjoyable.
- We celebrate each other. Accomplishments and contributions are recognized often at fun events (food & drink included!).
- We give back. Volunteering as a group allows us to give back to our community while strengthening our team bond.
- We are the best of the best. We bring our A-game to everything we do.
You may be a candidate for this role if:
- You inspire those around you with your enthusiasm to deliver and desire to continually one-up your personal best.
- You think bigger and better with an eye for ensuring everything you do is as efficient and effective as possible. You drive process change.
- You thrive on the success of your team and are passionate about coaching and development.
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving and critical thinking and are always on the lookout for process improvement opportunities.
- You are a lifelong learner who is self-motivated and excited about new challenges.
- You are a first-rate communicator with a niche for explaining complex ideas in a simple and direct way.
- You are meticulous and take pride in the details.
- You are intrigued by technology and the tools that elevate our performance.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of 5, ranging from Staff Accountant to Manager.
- Drive continued process improvement, provide thought leadership and influence change.
- Work cross-functionally, to create repeatable, consistent best practices that enable global scale.
- Lead and drive special projects and initiatives.
- Partner with various teams as the subject matter expert on complex revenue accounting topics.
- Play a key role in establishing accounting policies and development of internal controls and processes.
- Play a role in the monthly revenue close process; including review of monthly journal entries, reconciliations, reporting and analysis.
- Play a key role in the Company’s annual audit; including the preparation of revenue recognition memos, audit schedules and other auditor requests
- Create and maintain Excel models, interpret contracts and provide other support to your team.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior management position in large size, multi-national companies.
- Deep understanding of GAAP, particularly as it pertains to revenue.
- Extensive knowledge around best practices for a global organization.
- Proven leader, mentor and coach.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present findings and interact cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented with superior critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to recognize urgency in solving problems and respond creatively in a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; experience with Power Query a plus.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.