Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Our vision is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse global team where each person loves their work, loves working together, and is learning and growing every day. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want our people to bring their authentic selves to work.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown over 8,500 employees. We have been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For every year since 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in over 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia and Japan.
Job Title: Collections Supervisor
The individual in this role will provide integral leadership in the Accounting and Finance department, collaborating closely with consulting engagement leaders, other finance leaders, Legal, and IT for the purpose of ensuring that engagement activity is accurately recorded to the financial statements.
We’re focused on:
- Inclusion as a top priority. All of our employees should feel understood, included, connected, and safe.
- Committing to a diverse workforce at all levels and taking a broad view of diversity that incorporates gender, race and ethnicity, background, geography, thinking, working styles, and more.
Who are we:
- We like to have fun
- We brainstorm
- We support each other
- We have a purpose
- We smile A LOT
Who are you:
- You have passion for people
- You are collaborative and driven to do what is right
- You are not afraid to be bring your authentic self to work
- You embrace a continuous learner mentality with a commitment to honest introspection
You may be a candidate for this role if: (a few ideas to get you started)
- You wake up excited about tackling your work, diving into details, and providing excellent customer service.
- You inspire those around you with your enthusiasm to deliver high quality work and to help others excel.
- You are a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and process improvement.
- You are a first-rate communicator with a niche for explaining complex ideas in a simple and direct way.
- You adapt easily and see rapid changes to tasks, procedures, and systems as learning opportunities.
- You are intrigued by technology and the tools that elevate our performance.
- You are competitive with yourself, always striving to problem solve more efficiently than the last time!
- You are a trusted colleague with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
Accounts Receivable Management
- Supervise the Global Collections process and efforts to drive collections while meeting internal key metrics goals such as DSO, ADP, CP and % past due
- Monitor your team’s compliance with internal SLAs, quality standards, and key performance indicators and metrics
- Coach team members to have a sense of urgency to resolve account problems to the satisfaction of both the customer and Slalom
- Directly interact with internal stakeholders and clients to resolve AR delinquencies
- Collaborate with other Financial Operations leaders to develop an appropriate collections approach given the circumstances of the client account
- Make appropriate decisions after gathering and analyzing necessary facts
- Lead the implementation and adoption of new processes, procedures, and initiatives
- Maintain a high degree of customer service excellence while resolving AR issues
- Lead a team of 3-4 people, including recruiting, onboarding, training
- Set performance expectations, evaluate performance, provide performance and career development feedback, coach, and motivate team
- Set policy/procedure and understand bigger picture impacts
- Instill a culture of teamwork, dedication, accuracy, and timeliness
- 6+ years of professional work experience required
- 3+ years of supervisory experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting and the business processes within the order to cash cycle
- Collections experience, preferably in the professional services industry
- Experience with bankruptcies, legal flings related to collections, and 3rd party account assignments Demonstrated ability to achieve results through collaboration, negotiation, and diplomacy
- Detail orientated with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal and written communication skills
- Service minded with experience deciphering ambiguous requests and taking ownership
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships and work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Confident supervisory and mentoring capabilities
- Comfortable with change and being a champion for change
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and an ability to quickly learn new financial systems
- Relaxed yet productive in an open-format environment
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.