Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We are named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us across the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
We’re focused on:
- Inclusion as a top priority. All of our employees should feel understood, included, connected, and safe.
- Committing to a diverse workforce at all levels and taking a broad view of diversity that incorporates gender, race and ethnicity, background, geography, thinking, working styles, and more.
Who are we:
- We like to have fun
- We brainstorm
- We support each other
- We have a purpose
- We smile A LOT
Who are you:
- You have passion for people
- You are collaborative and driven to do what is right
- You are not afraid to be bring your authentic self to work
- You embrace a continuous learner mentality with a commitment to honest introspection
Job Title: Financial Operations Supervisor - Programs
The individual in this role will provide integral leadership in the Accounting and Finance department, collaborating closely with consulting engagement leaders, other finance leaders, Legal, and IT for the purpose of ensuring that engagement activity is accurately recorded to the financial statements.
You may be a candidate for this role if: (a few ideas to get your started)
- You wake up excited about tackling your work, diving into details, and providing excellent customer service.
- You inspire those around you with your enthusiasm to deliver high quality work and to help others excel.
- You are a self-starter with a passion for problem-solving and process improvement.
- You are a first-rate communicator with a niche for explaining complex ideas in a simple and direct way.
- You adapt easily and see rapid changes to tasks, procedures, and systems as learning opportunities.
- You are intrigued by technology and the tools that elevate our performance.
- You are competitive with yourself, always striving to problem solve more efficiently than the last time!
- You are a trusted colleague with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Supervise the accurate and timely reconciliation from Third Party Administrator Systems (TPA) and internal business systems and reconcile consultant hours and expenses.
- Main point of contact for FinOps department for issues that arise with Microsoft tools and apps that effect the daily workstreams in the department.
- Main point of escalation for questions and issues that occur in our alliance billing workstream.
- Responsible for resolving issues that occur in our time movement process and tools.
- Collaborate with other department leaders to streamline workflows, ensure consistency of process, and make appropriate decisions.
- Lead the implementation and adoption of new processes, procedures, and initiatives.
- Lead a team of 6-7 people, including recruiting, onboarding, training
- Set performance expectations, evaluate performance, provide performance and career development feedback, coach, and motivate team
- Set policy/procedure and understand bigger picture impacts
- Instill a culture of teamwork, dedication, accuracy, and timeliness
- 6+ years of professional work experience required
- 3+ years of supervisory experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting related field preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting and the business processes within the order to cash cycle
- Strong background in reconciliations and manipulating large amounts of data in excel
- Ability to evaluate sensitive company information to determine if we can share in an RFP due to Slalom being a privately held company.
- Quick learner to be able to coach and cross train team members in a wide variety of department responsilbities.
- Ability to be flexible and to juggle several work streams and projects at once in a high-volume environment.
- Detail orientated with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Service minded with experience deciphering ambiguous requests and taking ownership
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships and work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Confident supervisory and mentoring capabilities
- Comfortable with change and being a champion for change
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Relaxed yet productive in an open-format environment
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.