|Data & Analytics Solution Principal|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
The Charlotte office launched in late 2018 and broke records as the fastest growing first-year office in company history. Opportunity abounds for Slalom Charlotte as we have passed the 100+ consultant mark, moved into a beautiful new space in the heart of Southend, and were recently ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Charlotte Business Journal. Charlotte consultants can build something locally while exercising their entrepreneurial muscles within the context of a proven and growing company. With our local delivery model, we live and work alongside our clients creating a different level of partnership and intimacy in our relationships. Slalom employees gain a wide breadth of experience across a diverse range of industries that thrive in Charlotte.
Slalom Charlotte is currently seeking a Solution Principal within the Data and Analytics practice that will be responsible for designing and delivering Modern Data Platforms. The duties of this role may include interacting with companies across multiple industries to help diagnose business needs, and translate those needs into analytics solutions that deliver long-term value to our clients. This individual will partner with our team and clients to architect and deliver platforms built on AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Snowflake.
Job Title: Data & Analytics Solution Principal
· Lead teams of consultants to design and develop cloud data platforms at local Charlotte clients
· Enable deployment of data science and machine learning models built on open source and cloud frameworks
· Be accountable for delivery on the technical scope of analytics projects & demonstrate thought leadership at clients as well as internally at Slalom
· Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
· Research, architect, and deliver technical approaches for solving challenging and complex data engineering and integration problems
· Design multi-phased data strategies and cloud data platforms
· Create cloud data warehouses, data lakes, and other cloud-based data solutions
· Design and develop scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform a variety of datasets
· Serve as a subject matter expert on cloud data platforms and contribute back to the community
· Experience on any of the cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud) or with Snowflake
· Hands-on development experience using and migrating data to cloud platforms
· Proficiency in relational database design and development
· Proficiency and hands-on experience with big data technologies
· Experience in languages such as Python, Java, Scala, and/or Go
· Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
· Passionate about learning new technologies
· 7+ years of analytics experience, specializing in data platform architecture, design, and development
· Cloud platform certification(s) (example: AWS Certified Solutions Architect)
· Exposure to data science techniques and/or machine learning frameworks (I.e. TensorFlow)
· Experience working with various industries (e.g., insurance, utilities, manufacturing, financial services, technology)
· Technical expertise in cloud or on-premise ETL technologies like Informatica, Talend, or Matillion
· Proven passion for analytics and the ability to communicate its value as a strategic business advantage
· Outstanding interpersonal skills (both in presentation and comprehension) along with the aptitude for thought leadership in analytics
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.