Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what's possible, and create what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the US, UK, and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Role: AEM Developer
Slalom is seeking an AEM Developer to join our newly formed Regional Delivery Team, which is a growth engine providing local markets access to cutting-edge capabilities and scarce expertise. You will help develop new capabilities and support delivery across our local markets. The role will include 30-40% travel throughout the region, and occasional travel outside of region.
You will play a key role on CQ / AEM projects throughout the implementation and future evolution. Your role will span all aspects of the software development lifecycle and include working alongside our Customer Engagement, Marketing, User Experience, and Design teams in a highly collaborative environment where every individual’s input is valued.
· Design and implement solutions leveraging Adobe AEM Sites
· Develop digital consumer experiences based on foundation of the Adobe CQ/AEM product suite, including CQ/AEM, CRX, CQ WCM and DAM
· Translate marketing and web site needs into AEM specific recommendations and solutions
· Leverage AEM, other state-of-the-art technologies, and integration patterns to solve cross-departmental challenges
· Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment
· Drive project scope and timeline definition based on collaborative needs assessments
· Design and improve internal development methodologies around Adobe AEM solution
· Propose technology solutions to enable the business to meet/exceed those goals.
· Deliver a robust self-service environment for the end user community.
· Implement/maintain a repeatable iterative software development methodology.
· Manage SDLC processes and associated artifacts.
· Design and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software apps.
· Create and integrate content-driven applications on top of AEMs core platform and integrate with E-commerce solutions and search engines.
· Lead technology teams to build and maintain web applications using Adobe’s Experience Manager CMS to include site architecture, custom components, workflow development, Digital Asset Management (DAM).
· Integrate websites with web analytics tools and analyze/report on analytics data
· A bachelor's degree and 7 years of technical work experience working with CMS platforms, and 2 years of experience building with Adobe Experience Manager / CQ5.
· Experience developing applications, templates, and components for the Adobe AEM/CQ product (WCM, DAM, CQSE, CRX)
· Experience customizing workflows and integration with other enterprise systems
· Exposure to AEM Sites 6.x preferred
· Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues
· Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
· Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment; experience with Agile a strong plus
· Ability to write complex programs, analyze code changes and make suggestions to improve code complexity for maintainability and scalability.
· Ability to reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and developing effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing web applications
· Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
· Familiarity with basic Linux or related platform concepts and commands
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.