|Experience Design - Creative Services|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 30 markets across the US, UK, and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Job Title: Experience Design – Creative Services
Bring amazing daily. That's what we ask.
We're looking for makers, collaborators, individuals who breathe design; those who always want to make digital, brand, process, service or environmental experiences just a little bit richer. We’re looking for designers with empathy—someone who cares about listening to other people, understanding the human experience, and making things that matter.
At Slalom, Experience Design is stepping up its game at a global level and we want you to join us during this exciting time of growth. You’ll have the chance to shape the future of XD. Those that succeed here have an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset. They see the glass half full and take the world by storm as both as a self-starter and leader of initiatives.
Can you see yourself here? Our Chicago XD team focuses on:
· Human-centered design – Research & analysis, service design, rapid prototyping & testing, design workshops & coaching
· UX – Experience strategy, audience research & analysis, information architecture, design & interaction, audience validation & usability testing
· Creative services – Executive presentations & training, branding & graphic design, conferences & events, video
Jump in. Depending on your skillset and passion areas, here's a sample of what you might work on:
· Generating brand identities for new organizations or teams—logos, taglines, brand stories, etc.
· Creating digital/print design assets for marketing initiatives, events, website graphics, app interfaces, and social media campaigns
· Identifying the right design mediums to effectively tell a client story
· Making information consumable and intuitive through message simplification and visual design
· Crafting content for executive-level presentations, intranet sites, marketing collateral, or learning/development aids
· Coaching clients on presentation design & delivery
· Facilitating ideation sessions, workshops, and meetings (with clients and internal to Slalom)
· Planning client conferences and all-hands summits
· Producing live-action and animated videos to generate awareness around new campaigns, processes, and products
· Advising clients on best design practices, trends, and technologies, while maintaining flexibility and adapting to their methods
· Handling workflow timelines from start to finish, including print/digital file preparation, asset management, and production
· Collaborating with XD teammates on everything from design reviews to sales pitches
· Bringing your own unique perspective to solving challenging problems
Looking for candidates that fit a large amount of these qualifications... (if you fit all you may indeed be a purple unicorn):
· 5+ years of design and/or creative services experience in marketing, corporate communications, or creative agency environments – taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that exceed expectations
· Ability to take the complex and make it simple
· Executive presence – outstanding communication, thought leadership, presentation and storytelling
· Breadth of experience along the spectrum of creative services and ability to wear multiple hats
· Experience interpreting, applying, and consulting on corporate brand standards
· Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
· Proficiency with design-related software and tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
· Experience with video editing/animation software and presentation tools (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Prezi, Articulate, etc.)
· Experience creating digital/print design assets for marketing campaigns, events, website graphics, social media, and executive-level presentations
· Consistent attention to detail in your work
· Experience estimating design project efforts and managing workload
· Ability to lead, passion for learning, and drive to grow
· Portfolio of work samples that expresses your design work and original approaches to the challenges. Your portfolio should show your end-to-end design process, not just the final solution.