Who We Are
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work.
Data & Analytics at Slalom
The Data & Analytics team at Slalom is a full-service data practice with competencies across information strategy, modern data architecture, data visualization, and data science. We are seeking a Cloud Data Engineer to join our Chicago team who is passionate about developing innovative solutions to help organizations drive strategic business outcomes and enable data-driven insights. You are a cloud domain expert responsible for client delivery, complex solutioning and knowledge management. Slalom is proud to be a Premier AWS Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, and Google Premier Partner.
Job Title: Cloud Data Engineer, Data & Analytics
• Work as part of a team to develop Cloud Data and Analytics solutions.
• Participate in development of cloud data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
• Data wrangling of heterogeneous data and explore and discover new insights.
• Gain hands-on experience with new data platforms and programming languages (e.g. Python, Hive, Spark).
• Deliver on the technical scope of projects & demonstrate thought leadership at clients as well as internally at Slalom.
• Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy.
• Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging and complex development and integration problems.
• Assist in designing multi-phased cloud data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps.
• Analyze, architect, design, and actively develop cloud data warehouse, data lakes, and other cloud-based data solutions.
• Design and develop scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform variety of data sets.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in a cloud platform for larger the Slalom practice and contribute back to community.
• 4+ years of data engineering and/or data warehousing experience.
• 2+ years of deep experience building cloud data solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake).
• Experience migrating from an on-prem data to cloud data platform.
• Deep experience with designing and deploying end to end solutions with a cloud platform’s analytic services including storage, permissions, private cloud, database services, virtual machines, and parallel processing technologies.
• Experience with big data application development and/or with cloud data warehousing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, Azure SQL DW, BigQuery).
• Working knowledge of agile development including DevOps concepts.
• Experience with cloud SDKs and programmatic access services.
• Proficient in a relevant programming language for cloud platform (e.g. Python, Java, C#, Unix).
• Proficient in SQL.
• Working experience with version control platforms e.g. Git.
• Strong communication skills.
• One or more cloud certifications.
• Consulting experience.
• Expert programming skills in Python and a software development background.
• Experience writing “infrastructure as code” deployments e.g. ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform.
• Understanding of cloud strategies and best practices expanding into cloud networking, cloud security, encryption, private cloud configuration, and overall cloud governance approaches
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.