|Experience Design Consultant|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 30 markets across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
We are also proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, 2018 Microsoft Power BI Global Partner of the Year, Premier AWS Partner, Platinum Salesforce Partner, Google Premier Partner, 5x Tableau Partner of the Year, 2018 Snowflake Partner of the Year, and 2018 Dell Boomi Partner of the Year.
Job Title: Experience Design Consultant
Our Westchester / Southern Connecticut office is looking for a Senior Experience Strategist. We have a diverse group of clients, providing an exciting opportunity to help a variety of customers achieve their most strategic objectives. We are looking for collaborative, client-facing, relationship-building people who can advance Experience within our engagements. This is a hands-on role where you will be primarily responsible for producing and delivering UX deliverables.
Senior Experience Design Strategist
Jump in. Here's a sample of what might happen on your first day:
· Collaborating with clients and leading internal teams to design differentiated product and service experiences, including websites and applications, from desktop to mobile and whatever’s next—addressing things like product, brand, marketing and content strategy
· Planning, conducting, and leading client white-boarding, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings
· Prototyping solutions and iterating them based on user insight and client feedback
· Balancing multiple projects at different stages and bringing unique perspectives to each problem space
· Helping clients better understand their users – through structuring and conducting user research and evaluating usability of designs
· At home with rolling up your sleeves and being a self-starter and leader of initiatives
· Experience creating research plans, personas, customer journey maps/experience maps/service blueprints and driving strategy and vision
· Executive presence: outstanding communication, design thought leadership, workshop facilitation, presentation and storytelling skills
· Proficiency with experience design (XD) and prototyping software such as; Sketch, InVision, Figma, Framer, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Axure
· Well-versed in working closely with product and engineering/development teams, using lean and agile approaches
· Breadth of experience along the full spectrum of UX, from user research and strategy to interaction and visual design to validation
· Portfolio of work samples illustrates your design work and original approaches to challenges and variety of problems
· 5+ years of experience design expertise taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that exceed expectations
· Experience estimating XD project efforts and managing workloads
· Proficiency in responsive web design and mobile/native platform UI/UX, and an aptitude for learning new technologies and tinkering mentality
· Ability to lead, a passion for learning and making amazing things, and a drive to grow
· Prior consulting or digital agency experience
· Any experience with motion design, video, virtual reality, non-visual interfaces, and/or artificial intelligence/machine learning
· A history as an innovator and entrepreneur, both as a self-starter and leader of initiatives
· Experience defining and building out service design blueprints
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.