Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We are named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us across the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Slalom is searching for an Accounts Payable Specialist in our Seattle Office. This person will be responsible for helping the AP Team in all aspects of Accounts Payable. They will execute month-end and annual financial close activities ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations, policies, and internal control safeguards. There is significant opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams to help drive process efficiencies that will allow AP to scale with the company’s continued high pace of growth.
We are Slalom Accounting:
- We dig in. Every number tells a story, and we thrive on taking a deeper dive. We are not afraid of the details.
- We go above and beyond. Going the extra mile for the internal clients and the vendors that we support is our specialty.
- We have fun. Accounting may not be inherently entertaining, but we do everything we can to make our work enjoyable
- We celebrate each other. Accomplishments and contributions are recognized often at fun events (food & drink included!).
- We give back. Volunteering as a group allows us to give back to our community while strengthening our team bond.
- We are the best of the best. We bring our A-game to everything we do.
You may be a candidate for this role if:
- You are excited to get out of bed every day and see what you can tackle.
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving and critical thinking.
- You are constantly on the lookout for process improvement opportunities.
- You are a lifelong learner who is self-motivated and excited about new challenges.
- You have a thorough understanding of Accounts Payable and general accounting.
- You adapt easily and see rapid changes to tasks, procedures, systems, and more as learning opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Validate and route invoices for approval for multiple entities, including international, and in multiple currencies in the AP Invoicing system, Esker and our financial system, Great Plains
- Reconcile Subcontractor hours and expenses and communicate discrepancies to the Account and Engagement Management teams
- Create and maintain invoice coding spreadsheets and templates for entry to Esker and/or upload by journal entry to Great Plains
- Review and correct coding of invoices if necessary, and educate approvers regarding errors or changes to invoices prior to posting to Great Plains
- Update and maintain invoice trackers to ensure assigned vendor invoices are paid within terms and without accruing finance charges
- Provide complete and timely information with a professional attitude to internal and external customers, including Slalom executives
- Meet deadlines established by leaders for Accounts Payable and Accounting month-end and year-end close
- Enter correcting and distribution journal entries
- Bachelor’s degree desired, Accounting concentration preferred.
- 3+ years of progressive payables experience in mid/large size, international or fast-growing company.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present findings and interact cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented with superior critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to recognize urgency in solving problems and respond creatively in a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and independent thinker who can offer solutions to problems and ideas for process improvement.
- Intermediate Excel proficiency is a must. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and automated OCR scanning & workflow systems for Accounts Payable invoice processing is a plus.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.