|Account Leader - Financial Services|
Does shaping the future excite you? Are you inspired by blending your passions and career? At Slalom, we are driven by diversity of thought, curiosity, and authenticity. We recognize that no two journeys are the same. Whether you embody all of these qualities or you are energized by loving your work and life, we want to hear from you!
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Our Philadelphia office launched in 2016 and has 130+ employees with a client base spanning across the greater Philadelphia area. As a company that focuses on external clients, Slalom Philadelphia prides itself in their employee resource groups that spread across women’s leadership, black affinity, Latino affinity, veterans’ network, gender equality & LGBTQ community. These employee groups provide meaningful connections internally that extend to the local community.
We are looking for an Account Leader focused in Banking and Capital Markets to join our growing Financial Services industry vertical. At Slalom, we are passionate about people and outcomes. We work with new entrants, challengers and Fortune 100 companies to help transform their businesses and organizations.
To us, client relationships and happiness not only matter, but are a fundamental part of how we approach the marketplace. We love to help our Financial Services clients solve their complex business problems by working side by side with them.
Account leaders work alongside Practice leaders and are an integral part of our clients’ projects leading to growth in the Slalom’s Financial Services sector. You must possess a passion for and knowledge of either Banking (specifically Retail, Commercial and/or Wealth Management) and/or Capital Markets, and experience working with clients from proposal development through project delivery.
You should have a consistent record of delivering complex programs across business functions and geographies, leading and mentoring teams, and managing a P&L. Applicants should be very confident in their ability to hear and lead client priorities in a consultative environment.
Account Leader – Financial Services
· Responsible for profitable revenue growth
· Serve as Engagement Lead, Subject Matter Specialist or in other billable roles depending on client’s needs.
· Direct Revenue responsibility of at least $5MM
· Seek opportunities for growth/maturation of Slalom offerings and sets the direction for that growth
· Provide oversight and governance for all sold engagements
· Drive business development (opportunity identification and qualification, creation of SOW, RFP responses)
· Develop & deliver standard methodologies, delivery templates, POV papers
· Maintain awareness of industry best practices and business levers for a client list and understands how Slalom offerings intersect
· Support recruiting and onboarding of new employees
· Involved with local and global strategy initiatives
· 10+ years of management/leadership experience; at least 8 from large scale consulting and/or professional services
· Deep industry expertise and network in Financial Services
· Experience building relationships with executives and C-Suite leaders in Banking (specifically Retail, Commercial and/or Wealth Management) and/or Capital Markets
· Project delivery experience including all aspects of project/program management
· Awareness of financial services technologies (e.g. nCino, Finxact, Temenos, FIS, Fiserv, TSYS)
· Previous P&L responsibilities and experience managing the financials of a portfolio of work
· Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully across all levels of an organization
· Excellent negotiation, ability to overcome adversity, problem solving & decision-making skills
· Consistent track record of client/employee happiness
· Demonstrated experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new employees
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.