|Technical Writer (Temporary)|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 31 markets across the US, UK, and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Role: Technical Writer
Duration: 9 months, possible extension
· Work collaboratively with Slalom consultants and clients to develop artifacts that accurately capture policies, technical procedures, software tools and standard operating procedures in a cloud-enabled information technology environment
· Work with service owners and other key stakeholders to create documentation that will support cloud enablement.
· Ensure documentation is completely accurate and up-to-date by reviewing and getting sign off from respective owners.
· Facilitate automation of documentation into an automated cloud knowledge management system wherever possible, so it can be quickly accessed, utilized and maintained.
· Teach relevant service owners and stakeholders how to create and maintain documentation in the cloud knowledge management system.
· Ensure that solutions are deployed and consumed in a secure manner.
· Develop project-specific deliverables in accordance with directions, customer-approved templates, technical requirements, and the project schedule
· Write assigned materials that fully reflect the team’s expertise and experience, interviewing project sources and/or reviewing existing collateral, as needed, to inform deliverable content
· Edit and conduct quality assurance checks on written materials to ensure conformance with writing best practices and template requirements
· Work with the project team, as appropriate, to articulate innovative solutions that respond to client challenges and demonstrate value for the customer
· Develop and maintain qualification materials, including project profiles, experience matrices/overviews, capability statements, etc.
· Maintain technical documentation in the appropriate project repository and reconciles customer comments during review cycles
· Develop an organizational structure for a knowledge management or content management system to support intuitive access to and use of the materials
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or related
· 5-7 years of experience writing moderate to high complexity technical documentation
· Deep technical writing expertise in IT organizations.
· Knowledge management expertise.
· Familiarity with knowledge management software.
· Able to work independently in a project environment, with multiple initiatives and little direction, or oversight.
· Familiarity with Cloud technology (Azure preferred)
· Ability to learn and translate IT concepts in a compelling way (prior experience in software development, infrastructure, or other IT field is highly preferred)
· Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
· Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
· The ability to use standard English writing styles and structures – this includes the ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources into a cohesive, easy-to-read, and persuasive final product
· Experience working with technical writing teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business activities
· Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as Adobe Acrobat
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We're an equal opportunity employer, and strive to find ways to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live. Decisions and criteria concerning the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, citizenship, disability (as defined by applicable law) or any other characteristic protected by law.