|Principal Consultant - Solution Owner|
Who we are
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 to 2018, Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in over 35 cities across the U.S., U.K., Canada, Japan, and Australia.
One of our fastest-growing capabilities is Slalom Build, which uses agile engineering to deliver custom-built digital products and solutions. Slalom Build is a network Teams that consist of passionate technology builders of wide variety of disciplines including solution ownership, quality engineering, software engineering, experience design, cloud architecture and devops automation. Strategic partners include Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau, and Google Cloud.
Job Title: Principal Consultant, Solution Owner
What we're looking for
Slalom is seeking a talented, self-starting Principal Consultant level Solution Owner to lead the discovery and implementation phases of large-scale, complex projects for Slalom-built solutions. As a Principal Consultant level Solution Owner you will lead large, multi-work stream projects with focus on exemplary quality assurance, excellent client relationships and demonstrated thought leadership. Your primary responsibilities include defining project delivery roadmaps and financials, hands-on management of complex projects with multiple work streams and strong partnership with clients. Additionally, as a Principal Consultant level Solution Owner you will contribute by developing assets for the practice, participating in business development activities, and by leading Slalom people as a part of your core responsibilities.
What you'll do
• Perform large-scale, complex software delivery project/program management on client engagements
• Maintain client/partner relationships and demonstrate expertise in leading/overseeing Agile projects to ensure successful outcomes
• Engage directly with senior client stakeholders
• Lead multiple software delivery teams for a client engagement
• Responsible for project financials to achieve targeted financial results
• Work with Product Owners and Solution Architects to define and deliver the technology solutions for clients
• Develop and promote innovative agile and team leadership solutions, methodologies and proposals
• Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day direction for a team on project(s)
• Handle the performance feedback and annual review processes for direct reports
• Build Solution Owner assets (e.g. offerings, standard methodologies, white papers, learning curricula, etc.)
• Contribute to business development opportunities, including writing SOWs and presenting solutions to perspective clients
• Conduct workshops revolving around Solution Owner best practices and concepts
• Serve as a People Manager for people within the Solution Ownership capability, and provide meaningful mentoring and advisement to more junior members
• Support selection, staffing, and onboarding of consultants to projects; assist in qualifying opportunities and work with people managers and consultants to assess project fit
• Interview Solution Owner candidates and help Slalom leadership with hiring decisions
• Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
• 10+ years of consulting experience in iterative software development as a Program Lead or similar role
• Experience in all phases of product development, software development, and testing lifecycles
• People Management experience including a strong history of mentoring others
• Management experience in established technology and product departments with mature program management processes and standards for both Agile and waterfall project methodologies
• Experience with recruiting and building out teams
• Advanced facilitation and communication skillsets
• Hands-on management of complex projects with multiple work streams and $5M+ budgets; management of roadmaps and financials
• Comfortable creating proposals and SOWs and reviewing them with clients; comfortable contributing to RFPs
• Expertise in agile software delivery methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, and Lean
• Ability to organize and run scrum of scrums on larger engagements
• A real passion for building software solutions with state of the art technology
• You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.