Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 7,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom’s Phoenix office is seeking an experienced Data Architecture Consultant to contribute to its growing Data & Analytics practice. The ideal candidate is a professional with 5-8 years of experience in designing, developing, validating and communicating enterprise-wide data solutions. Deep experience in developing enterprise data management strategies including operational data stores, data warehouse implementations, data movement, data services, data acquisition, data conversion, and archive/recovery.
Job Title: Data Architect
Who are you?
· You’re a smart, collaborative person who is passionate about technology and driven to get things done.
· You’re not afraid to bring your authentic self to work.
· You embrace a continuous learner mentality.
What technologies will you be using?
Everything. It’s about using the right technologies to solve problems and playing with new technologies to figure out how to apply them intelligently. We work with technologies across the board.
Why do we work here?
Each of us came to Slalom because we wanted something different. We wanted to make a difference, we wanted autonomy to own and drive our future while working with some of the best companies in Phoenix leveraging the coolest technologies. At Slalom, we found our people.
What does our recruitment process look like?
Our process is highly personalized. Some candidates complete their process in one week, others can take several weeks or even months. Deciding to take a new job is a big decision, so regardless how long or short the process may be for you, the most important thing is that you find your dream job.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
· Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience
· Understanding of distributed systems and architecture design trade-offs
· 4+ years in a data architect role
· Hands-on project experience with data engineering integration technologies or scripting languages
· Define Cloud Data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps
· Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of Data & Analytics solutions
· Be versed in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
· Explore emerging technologies vendors and recommend/advise clients on referential architectures
· Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
· Project experience working with cloud technologies
· Strong analytical problem-solving ability
· Great presentation skills
· Great written and verbal communication skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
· Experience leading data science teams
· Experience deploying data science projects into production at scale
· Understanding of impacts to process, required governance, and operations
· Project experience with cloud-based development and deployment
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.