|Data Scientist, Data & Analytics|
Data Scientist, Data & Analytics
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to 6,000+ employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017 and 2018, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom Charlotte is looking for a Data Scientist who can both advise and deliver for clients looking to solve their most critical business challenges. This individual will be an integral part of Charlotte’s Data and Analytics Practice and, in addition to working with clients, collaborate closely with members of the Slalom team who are focused on data visualization, data architecture and engineering, advanced analytics, data strategy, and process.
· Deliver solutions leveraging latest machine learning (ML) techniques, including exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, model selection, model evaluation and cross-validation, and deployment and productionalization at all scales.
· Collaborate with client data science teams to enhance, scale, and operationalize existing models.
· Communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
· Provide thought leadership on latest ML and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and applications to client industry and use cases.
· Conduct and support white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations.
· Quantitative background with 3+ years of experience applying data science to solve real-world business problems.
· Experience with core quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, ML, AI, or natural language processing).
· Strong interest in applying data science to solve real-world business problems.
· Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
· Advanced knowledge of Python, R, or other advanced analytics platforms.
· Working knowledge of SQL for the use of data extraction, cleansing, and analysis.
· Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
· Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration.
· Experience running distributed processing on Hadoop or Spark.
· Experience with solution architecture on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
· Graduate degree in a technical field (computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, etc.).
· Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or Power BI is a plus.