Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 6,200 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016-2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Senior Reporting and Consolidations Lead
This person will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis, maintaining the accounting and reporting system infrastructure and certain monthly accounting close processes. The ideal candidate will have experience working with accounting system infrastructure, financial reporting, financial analysis, monthly G/L close processes and will have a solid understanding of advanced accounting principles (including inter-company, foreign currency exchange, eliminations and consolidation, equity accounting, Statement of Cash Flows, etc.). This position will report to the Financial Reporting and Consolidations Manager and will work with various teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We are Slalom Accounting:
- We dig in. Every number tells a story, and we thrive on taking a deeper dive. We are not afraid of the details.
- We go above and beyond. Going the extra mile for the internal clients that we support is our specialty.
- We have fun. Accounting may not be inherently entertaining, but we do everything we can to make our work enjoyable.
- We celebrate each other. Accomplishments and contributions are recognized often at fun events (food & drink included!).
- We give back. Volunteering as a group allows us to give back to our community while strengthening our team bond.
- We are the best of the best. We bring our A-game to everything we do.
- You may be a candidate for this role if:
- You inspire those around you with your enthusiasm to deliver and desire to continually one-up your personal best.
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving and critical thinking and are always on the lookout for process improvement opportunities.
- You are a lifelong learner who is self-motivated and excited about new challenges.
- You are a first-rate communicator with a niche for explaining complex ideas in a simple and direct way.
- You are meticulous and take pride in the details.
- You are intrigued by technology and the tools that elevate our performance.
- Maintain accounting and reporting systems; including G/L chart of accounts, organizational reporting hierarchies, financial reports, etc.
- Develop and maintain financial and management reports for both internal and external customers; which includes writing system reports and manual Excel models.
- Prepare Statement of Cash Flows.
- Play a key role in the monthly close and consolidation process.
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reporting.
- Perform monthly analytical review of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Contribute to audit preparation by providing requested documentation and analysis.
- Create and maintain Excel models, interpret contracts and provide other support for more junior team members.
- Drive continued process improvement, including working cross-functionally, to create repeatable, consistent best practices that enable scale.
- Handle special projects, as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting concentration preferred.
- CPA, with deep understanding of GAAP preferred
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience in mid/large size, international or fast-growing companies.
- Experience with team or project leadership.
- Experience maintaining Accounting systems; Host Analytics preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; experience with Power Query a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret contracts.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present findings and interact cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented with superior critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to recognize urgency in solving problems and respond creatively in a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.