|Quality Engineer Intern - Slalom Build|
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Quality Engineer Intern
Slalom’s 2019 Internship program is a 10-week paid engineering focused project team of student interns learning and practicing Slalom’s software engineering capability model under the direction of experienced technologists and leaders. Slalom will select an internal project designed to provide lift across the organization and leverage modern technologies to realize that vision. This structure creates not only a valuable real-world experience for students to up their expertise and capability, but also mutually benefits Slalom as an organization. If you're looking to make major impacts and elevate your software engineering capabilities and currently have the foundational competency to start building software with us, we encourage you to apply.
· Build hands-on experience with the latest technologies and Agile delivery methodologies
· Work in a fast-paced, Agile project environment with a small, focused team
· Define a comprehensive test strategy and test plan, including all functional and technical aspects of quality assurance
· Validate product features under development, including feature verification, exploratory testing & defect regression
· Identify opportunities for test automation and implement them using the latest automation frameworks
· Document software quality behavior using best practices and metrics
· Student working towards a Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree, with Junior or later standing and an expected graduation date within two years
· Ability to program in C, C++, Java, C#, or Python
· Desire and ability to pick up new technologies quickly
· Displays a passion for making better products and a drive to improve
· Strong problem-solving and software triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Displays personal & corporate integrity
*Limited spots available, priority applied based on application date
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.