|Managing Director - Client Service|
Managing Director – Client Service
SLALOM | Phoenix
Slalom Consulting is currently seeking an entrepreneurial and progressive leader to build and lead our client services team as we race to become a $50M office. Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Phoenix is one of 27 Slalom markets located in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Accountable for P&L, establishing go to market strategies, driving sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and operational aspects of our business.
· Sets and leads overall strategic direction for the Phoenix Client Service Organizations (account leaders for accounts >$1M)
· Manages client P&L, quality, client satisfaction, engagement, delivery, QA oversight and consultant utilization
· Oversees staffing, retention, and career management for direct reports; providing meaningful and frequent feedback
· Drives and enhances client strategy, diversification and operational health of Phoenix clients
· Supports the GM’s management of overall market operation
· Works with Marketing Manager to shape and execute on client marketing strategy to increase brand recognition by attending various industry or functional meetings, forums, publications, sponsor/speak at industry events and/or client workshops etc.
· Oversees recruiting process consistent with the office diversity goals and is ultimately responsible for candidate selections
· Develops collaborative relationships with other departments (e.g., HR, IT, F&A, Slalom Build, Office Operations) to ensure support for internal team, consultants and clients
· Champions knowledge management across accounts. Establishes processes and direction for the archiving of client working materials and post project completion marketing/sales collateral
· Maintains a strong network in the market place to promote the Slalom brand
· Enhances the Company’s culture, and exemplifies our shared values on a day-to-day basis
· Supports business development and client service leaders in large proposals
· Establishes consistency in tracking and management of project engagement economics
· 15+ years management/leadership experience
· Previous P&L experience for comparably-sized consulting practice ($25M)
· Excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Proven track record of client/employee satisfaction
· Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully across all levels of the organization
· Servant Leader with an established presence in Phoenix community
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.