Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: QA Consultant
At Slalom, Quality Assurance is dedicated to maximizing the value and effectiveness of our delivery teams by bringing modern, innovative testing techniques and tools to our solutions and our clients. Our team of experienced quality assurance professionals embraces collaborative, agile testing processes and focus on enabling whole-team ownership of quality.
Slalom is seeking candidates for Quality Consultants roles to help establish and grow our Software QE Practice within Delivery Leadership, in partnership with our Technology Enablement practice. This role requires working with project teams and leadership to define test automation strategy and drive implementation across a variety of Slalom clients. Successful candidates are able to evaluate the latest tools and automation frameworks and extend them appropriately.
• Perform all aspects of automated testing for client engagements
• Develop detailed testing approach and plans for specific test areas or overall plans for small to medium size projects
• Produce status reports and quality metrics
• Facilitate defect triage and manage overall defect resolution process
• Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
• Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on all variety of platforms (e.g. mobile, web, portal frameworks)
• Assist project teams in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria
• Mentor junior members of the QA team and perform all responsibilities of the QA Analyst when required
• Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
• Strong functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
• Project experience using an Agile methodology (e.g. Scrum)
• Experience with test management tools (e.g. TestRail, HP ALM)
• SQL proficiency
• Mixed experience in various QA-related roles such as:
o Manual functional tester
o Performance test engineer
o Defect manager
o QA tools, reporting, and metrics specialist
o Mobile or web UX tester
o Test environment or test data coordinator/lead
o Unit and integration testing
o Service / API testing
o Performance/load testing
o Infrastructure / Cloud testing
o Application security testing
o Custom test tool development
o Project management, Scrum master
o Business requirements analysis
o Consulting experience
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.