Who We Are
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work.
Technical Architect –Salesforce
As a Salesforce Technical Architect in our CRM practice, you'll be designing and engineering world-class solutions on the Salesforce Lightning Platform for some of Boston's most exciting brands. You’ll be challenged by a wide variety of projects leveraging an array of innovative technologies while delivering for clients across a broad range of industries.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Provide estimates of the level of effort to implement a solution based on business requirements
- Lead technical design sessions, designing and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with the client’s business objectives
- Provide guidance during evaluation of a business requirement and how it can be met with either point-and-click configuration or code and customization
- Lead the technical delivery of Salesforce implementations including:
- Development of custom solutions and integrations
- Managing technical scope and client expectations
- Providing hands-on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues
- Designing and managing the execution of test plans and ensuring a quality solution is delivered
- Coach and mentor junior technical team members
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership during projects and during project recap to other consultants
- Be familiar with advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and bulk patterns, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations and effective unit testing
- Be comfortable with modern software development lifecycle best practices including iterative and incremental development, delivering working software frequently with attention to technical excellence
- May be called upon to be a credible subject matter expert in sales cycles and marketing events (e.g. sales meetings as necessary)
- Contribute to knowledge growth of the Salesforce practice through documenting and sharing best practices
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure high code quality and design patterns are followed
- Follow and understand new Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- 7+ years of CRM experience, the majority specifically with Salesforce
- Expert level understanding of the core Salesforce platform products (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud) with functional knowledge of the entire product suite, including Marketing Cloud, Integration Cloud, and App Cloud
- Hands-on use of Apex, Visualforce, Visual Workflow, and/or Lightning components
- Strong knowledge and experience of Salesforce development, configuration, and administration capabilities
- Web Services development or experience with the Salesforce API (REST/SOAP/Bulk, etc.)
- Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems (ETL, CPQ, marketing automation, reporting, etc.)
- Strong understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment either on a team or as an individual contributor
- Excellent client-facing written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.