|Data Science/Advanced Analytics Consultant|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Advanced Analytics Consultant
· Deliver transformative solutions to clients that are aligned to industry best practices and provide thought leadership in data space.
· Working closely with project teams to build predictive models for a wide variety of applications, including sales forecasting, customer analytics, pricing analytics, text mining, and optimization & simulation.
· Be a part of client engagements and interact face to face with clients
· Gather models’ requirements, design experiments and analyses, query and manipulate data, build and deploy predictive models, and interpret the outcomes for consumption by client leadership.
· 3+ years of consulting or industry experience in the data science field
· Deep hands-on experience with at least one commercial analytic tool (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Alteryx, or Rapidminer) AND one open source analytics language (e.g. R, Python, or Weka)
· Hands-on experience in coding/programming
· Experience working with databases, data modeling, ETL, and Hadoop technologies
· Building a wide variety of analytical models, including (but not limited to) decision trees, random forest, linear & logistic regression, market basket, neural networks, naïve Bayes, and support vector machines
· Extracting, cleansing and visualizing data
· Excellent problem solving skills & attention to detail
· Ability to translate complex models into visuals and actionable business insights
· Excellent communications and presentation skills; proficient in PowerPoint
· Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration.
· Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone.
· Master’s degree in a Statistic/Quantitative discipline preferred, but not required
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.