Slalom is seeking an Operations Analyst to support the end to end commercial and account operations at one of our anchor accounts. This person will be part of the core team supporting our Pharma clients.
The Operations Analyst will work directly with the Account Management team having responsibilities in ensuring the account runs effectively and smoothly. In their role they will be responsible for managing certain recurring and ad hoc account operational activities. Primary areas of responsibility will include contract, invoice, and purchase order management, time management, and resource management. In addition to these core areas, the Operations Analyst will also support the account team and the broader leadership team in developing and executing the account strategy, defining and effectively using tools to support the operations of the account (e.g. SharePoint, Teams, Salesforce, ChangePoint, Workday), and managing the data that will help the account team make timely and effective decisions. Additional stretch areas, if the candidate is interested, might include managing marketing material and supporting marketing events on the account, support of sales activities including proposal development and curating reusable sales collateral, and project management to help organize the team and maintain progress on various internal initiatives.
Under the direction of the account lead, the Operations Analyst detailed responsibilities may include any of the following, depending on the needs of the team.
· Assisting the account management team to ensure timely engagement setup of won opportunities
· Assisting the account management team in timely receipt and processing of purchase orders
· Ensuring consistent management of signed contracts, invoices, and purchase orders
· Primary point of contact with EMO/Billing on invoicing progress, timely delivery of invoices to client, and issues
· Primary point of contact with Account management team on ensuring timely approval of invoices and addressing any issues with internal invoicing and the client’s billing function. They would work with Account Management on any discussions required with end clients to resolve billing related issues.
· Assist Account Management in determining by engagement the estimates to complete and estimates at complete
· Understanding and support the various invoice management and estimation processes in place at client
· Help establish plan revenue per engagement and tracking actuals against plan
· Help ensure engagements are closed in a timely manner at project completion
· Support Account Management in proactive management of extensions
· Maintain discount tracking
· Ensure timely and accurate code setup for each resource for all active engagements
· Ensure as required MM updated for administrative updates to staffing on projects
· Ensure timely time entry by all account team members including end of month and end of quarter
· Establish plan hours per resource per engagement and tracking actuals against plan
· Provide an actual against plan report for each ongoing project to the accountable Project Lead weekly
· Provide support by forecasting project and individual overages as well as underspends
· Help ensure charge codes are closed in a timely manner
· Refresh and manage a process for resource onboarding by location including badges, system access, and account onboarding
· Support Account Management in proactive management of resources approaching end dates and potential next role
· Support regular consultant checkins by leaders
· Support regular account get togethers including monthly account calls and quarterly meetings
· Support the leadership team in defining and driving towards consultant engagement goals
· Manage the client resource roster
· Assist with the preparation of account metrics for office reporting
· Assist with the preparation of the yearly and half-year adjustment forecasts
· Develop and maintain monthly a report of actual against forecast
· Support the Account Management team in the weekly office opportunity and staffing calls
· Assist leadership team in maintaining the account strategy and the collection of initiatives and opportunities that help achieve it
· Assist in annual account planning and account plan update activities
· Support leadership team in tracking actions and decisions from recurring operational meetings
· Support the leadership team in recurring and ad hoc status meetings with office leadership
· Assist account leadership to define and drive consistent use of tools across the account
· Assist account leadership to define and drive effective use of data to help drive actions and decision making
· Assist in designing reports to support account operations
· Support the leadership team to drive client marketing initiatives on the account and working with the local markets and national marketing activities
· Support the leadership team in maintaining reusable sales collateral and helping to drive consistency and reuse in proposal development
· Support the leadership team in maintaining focus on actions related to internal initiatives to help drive account activity
· Support internal change management activities for standard processes and tools (e.g. onboarding, use of Teams, completing client training) across the account: communications, training, adoption
· 3+ years of professional work experience
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent analysis skills and ability to focus on detail and accuracy
· Strong technology skills with Microsoft tools and ability to learn quickly Slalom-specific/Account-specific business applications
· Ability to work across teams and organizations and support multiple leaders
· Ability to manage issue resolution, a willingness to seek help, and ability to maintain calm under pressure
· Ability to prioritize work activities and seek assistance and clarifying priorities when required
· Previous operations experience
· Experience with Salesforce, Sharepoint, Teams, Qlik/Tableau
· Interest in technology, tools, data
· Experience in a consulting setting
· Understanding of contract management processes
· Understanding of opportunity management processes
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.