|Cloud & DevOps Practice Director|
Slalom Silicon Valley is currently seeking a Senior Cloud executive to lead our Cloud & DevOps Practice. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to drive results by producing a well-managed, profitable, and growing book of Cloud & DevOps business to some of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, as well as, build foundational relationship with our strategic Cloud partners AWS and GCP.
Join Slalom Silicon Valley as Cloud & DevOps Practice Director to set the vision and direction for modern cloud solutions, strategies, and migrations. You will lead our Cloud & DevOps Practice and help our customers transform through the adoption of Cloud services and organizational adoption. We are looking for a sharp, disciplined, self-motivated and customer centric individual who has a passion for utilizing Cloud solutions from AWS and GCP to solve real business problems for our customers and has a people first mindset.
· Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, revenue, recruiting, delivery, and all operational aspects, including:
· Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
· Business Development – Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the Company.
· Partner Management – Build foundational relationships with our Cloud (AWS and GCP) and DevOps (Hashicorp, Puppet, etc) partners including sr. executive QBRs
· Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
· Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
· Manage executive and Senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships and expand Slalom’s client portfolio
· Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements; manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
5+ years experience leading large scale public cloud migrations from the planning of migration via assessment of applications through the execution of migration and operationalization of applications in the cloud with a focus on AWS or GCP
Experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for business teams or consumers, exhibiting deep product knowledge and understanding of product features including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Solutions, High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage
10+ years of experience focused in infrastructure engineering engagement–based consulting experience or equivalent industry experience
P&L experience from a comparably sized firm
Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up
Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
Experience interfacing with software development teams, including the understanding of Agile development methodologies, modern software development technology stacks and deployment techniques
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law. Slalom Welcomes And Encourages Applications From People With Disabilities. Accommodations Are Available On Request