|Big Data Software Engineer|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Big Data SW Engineer
Slalom Consulting is seeking a Big Data SW Engineer with confirmed experience developing on the AWS Cloud platform to support processing and analytics. The individual in this role will work in small groups on various software development projects, ranging from weeks to months in duration, delivering quality solutions to our clients.
• Validated experience in crafting and building enterprise-level applications with minimum of 3 years of experience
• Development experience with one or more languages (Python preferred)
• Strong Knowledge of Cloud Design Patterns and Best Practices Experience working with the AWS ecosystem (Redshift, RDS, EMR, Kinesis, etc)
• Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources, knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
• Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Experience with Hadoop MapReduce or other big data technologies and pipelines (Hadoop, Spark/Pyspark, R, EMR, NoSQL, Kafka, RDBMS, etc.)
• Implementing, maintaining and improving ETL/DDL processes
• Experience monitoring performance and costs
• Good understanding of transaction management and development in distributed systems
• Good understanding of Machine Learning and Data Science processes
• Well-versed in various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, with an emphasis on Agile/Scrum
• Be a member of a growing team; help to define and influence the culture & environment
• Work on solution-based, outcome-oriented projects with a highly skilled team
• Get the benefits of a consulting environment while remaining connected to a core team
• Build hands-on experience with the latest technologies and delivery methodologies
• Work in a dynamic, agile project environment with small, focused teams
Additional technical skills desired
• Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools.
• Experience with one or more ALM suites (Atlassian preferred).
• Experience with Git.
• Holding an AWS certification is a major plus.
• Experience developing on other public cloud platforms is a plus
• Minimum degree required is a Bachelor’s Degree of one of the following:
• Computer Science
• Information Systems
• Computer Engineering
• Be "solution oriented", offering a range of possible solutions to problems
• Be ambitious and able to "fill in the blanks" on a given strategy and framework
• Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to communicate with clients at all levels
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.