|Practice Area Director - Delivery Excellence|
· Practice Vision and Strategy. Creates and manages the execution of the DL practice operating model, capabilities, and strategy, partnering with practice and account leads to understand requirements and supply/demand. Create and deliver against actionable roadmaps to grow the practice. Defines and manages objectives, metrics and targets, including management of practice financial forecast. Communicates DL strategy, practice health and risks/issues to office Leadership Team.
· Business Development and Sales. Define and implement Slalom’s approach to enabling delivery quality during the sales pursuit process, including appropriate deal scoping, QA and implementation approach. Partners with Practice and Account Leads to provide (or delegate) “DL input” and review on proposals, RFPs and SOWs. Determine overall rate card for DL based on roles, levels of work.
· Delivery Excellence. Identify and direct delivery excellence program for Slalom Denver. Own overall purpose, scope and roles for quality management and delivery management. Partner with practices and accounts to understand needs and establish mechanism for sharing of DL delivery expertise. Establish DL as a center of excellence for delivery for the office, partnering, advising and enforcing expectations on delivery quality to deliver exceptional client experience through Slalom delivery. Establish program governance model, metrics, and reporting methods.
· Engagement Execution. Act as Accountable Executive (AE) on delivery engagements of large size and/or scope complexity. As AE, ensure delivery of engagements to expected financial margin, overall client expectations, and consultant team experience. Anticipate and remediate risks, direct project recovery, protect and evolve trusted client relationship, and re-align contracts as necessary.
· Operations. Ensures supply-demand balanced across domains. Accountable for overall supply-demand planning process within Slalom for DL, including sizing and launching/sunsetting of domains. Makes hiring decisions. Advocates and approves internal promotions. Manages staffing escalations.
· Research and Thought Leadership. Creates overall expectations, scope and approach for thought leadership within DL. Accountable for overall purpose, direction and priorities of communities of practice. Keeps up-to-date with delivery leadership market trends, internal and external demand trends.
· People Development. Fosters the development, feedback, and mentorship culture within the practice both with consultants and leaders. Takes ownership around growing experts and leaders, as well as retaining and developing team members. Drives governance cadence with DL leadership and participates in office senior leadership team.
· Represent Denver in regional and national DL communities of practice, drive or support the roll-out of global initiatives to Denver
· 15+ years of progressive consulting-based initiative delivery of increasing complexity and with increasing personal responsibility and accountability
· Business leader that has demonstrated year over year growth in developing and executing on a business strategy
· Experience defining and owning delivery excellence or quality programs across one or more consulting business units
· Experience as an engagement and/or deal QA partner; Experience in providing quality assurance for multi-million dollar deals ranging from solutioning through delivery
· 10+ years in proactive people development, leading and building teams and growing senior leadership, within own consulting organization and at clients
· Experience managing and owning the delivery of individual contracts exceeding $2m; experience managing a consulting team or practice exceeding $10m in annualized revenue
· Proven ability to engage as a peer with senior executives within Slalom to hold accountable to delivery expectations and to respond to escalated issues
· Proven ability to engage with C-suite and EVP/SVP level clients regarding Slalom partnership and delivery excellence, during both the pursuit process and during delivery
· Proven experience developing contracts (statements of work) with a variety of payment terms including time and materials, fixed fee, value-based, etc.
· Proven experience rectifying material delivery risks and issues to protect client experience, prevent client paybacks, manage contract-based risks