|Technology Strategy Consultant, Strategy & Operations|
Slalom New York is building the most impactful Technology Strategy practice available locally to clients in the New York market, offering Technology Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, IT Operating Model and Value-Case services to clients who are leading technology-centric strategies in Retail, Life-sciences, Insurance, and other industries.
Consultant – Technology Strategy
We are currently seeking a talented Technology Strategy Consultant to serve Slalom’s clients as a trusted advisor delivering value through impactful strategic insights, and by providing direction to executives who are leading strategic initiatives. The Consultant will work as part of a Strategy team to identify technology strategy opportunities, develop proposal materials, planning and managing engagements, managing client stakeholders, developing target state models and roadmaps, and contributing to thought leadership materials.
Successful candidates should demonstrate the ability to converse fluently on technology trends and to build rapport with technology leaders and executives, blending an understanding of technology fundamentals with industry experience in how organizations implement technology.
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following areas:
· Technology Strategy Development: The definition of technology capabilities (both the technology components and operational components) that are aligned to a business strategy.
· Enterprise Architecture Development: The analysis, design, and planning of cross-domain architecture components for the successful development and execution of a strategy. Architecture domains include, but are not limited to business, information, application, infrastructure, and security.
· IT Operating Model Development: The creation of models that describe the core functional capabilities of an IT delivery organization. Functional areas include IT Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, Project & Program Management, SDLC (Waterfall, Agile), Service and Operations Management, IT Management and Administration and Sourcing.
· Value-Case and Business Case Development: The creation of value levers, scenario models, financial models, XL tools, and the related cost accounting analysis to generate business case cash-flows, value analytics, and executive level business rationale in support of a strategic investment.
· Understanding our client’s underlying strategic objectives.
· The development of, and stakeholder alignment around a singular problem statement.
· Independently developing a strategic hypothesis and point of view to address a problem.
· Developing target state models (IT Operating Models, Architectures, Value models) that align with the clients’ strategic needs.
· Managing client stakeholders through the strategic process of model-based hypothesis, discovery, analysis, strategic planning, and conclusion.
· Generation and presentation of Executive Summary presentations of the strategic work performed to senior executives.
· Generation of thought leadership in one's chosen area of specialization.
· Development of “trusted advisor” relationships with clients in the New York market
Experience & Skills:
· IT Transformation Programs: Experience in the large-scale technology implementations, IT Operating Model transformations, IT Cost Reduction and or IT Workforce Transformation initiatives.
· IT Enablement Strategies: Experience in the development of strategies, or the mobilization of capabilities in one or more of the following areas: Agile, Cloud Migration, Application Rationalization, Application Modernization, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Architecture Blueprints, API’s, Micro-Services, Asset Re-use, IT Service Management, Product Management.
· Emerging Technologies: Familiarity with and ability to ramp-up on new technologies, e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, IoT, etc., and apply them individually or in combination to enable new business value.
· Management Consulting: Experience working in a Management Consulting environment. Ability to integrate with and collaborate with sales executives, client leads, other practice areas, account teams, and engagement teams. Knowledge of the engagement management lifecycle, client and relationship management, proposal development, engagement economics, and negotiation.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering related field
· Certifications: TOGAF, ITSM, SAFe
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.