|Cloud Data Architect|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 28 cities across the US, UK, and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by seven regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
As a Cloud Data Architect for Slalom Consulting, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions using Hadoop, Spark, Event Stream platforms, and other Big Data related technologies on Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud. Your duties will include working with our clients to help define their Cloud Data strategy and translating their needs through the implementation of cutting edge data solutions to provide valuable insights.
Slalom’s Cloud Data Architects typically have multiple roles at client sites. Your role may vary across a diverse range of activities; you may work solely in development, performing analysis through exploration of data, helping architect and design a cloud solution, or serve as a lead for a development team.
· Define Cloud Data strategy, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmap
· Work as part of a team, to design and develop cloud data solutions
· Data wrangling of heterogeneous data and explore and discover new insights
· Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
· Actively contribute to the Cloud and Big Data community at Slalom, and drive new capabilities forward
· Mentor other Slalom team members
· Assist business development teams with pre-sales activities and RFPs
· Help estimate and plan projects
· Proficiency in SQL, NoSQL, and relational database design and development
· Hands-on development experience using and migrating data to cloud platforms
· Experience and even certification on any of the cloud platforms (AWS/Azure)
· Proven analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
· Passionate about learning new technologies
· Experience in languages such as Python, Java, Scala, and Go
· Proven Business Development expertise
· 5+ years of data architecture, business intelligence and/or consulting experience
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent, in Computer Science or a related field
· Experience working with various verticals (e.g., insurance, utilities, manufacturing, financial services, technology)
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.