Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
Job Title: Salesforce CPQ – Consultant
Who You Are: The Salesforce Consultant is the primary implementation resource on Salesforce Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) engagements. He/she works with the project Architect to understand the overall solution design, and is responsible for defining use cases and requirements, building out the declarative aspects of the solution, and authoring supporting documentation.
- Propose, implement, and manage the implementation of Salesforce CPQ solutions that meet business requirements
- Lead client sessions to gather, define, and document business requirements
- Develop implementation estimates and plans for phases of the delivery lifecycle, including development, testing, training, communication, deployment, and post-production support
- Review product and pricing catalog and identify areas of transformation and consolidation
- Document product configuration flows, detailing various options, pricing drivers, and guided selling behaviors
- Own and track the requirement lifecycle to include the documentation of requirement use cases
- Demonstrate solution functionality to business stakeholders as needed
- Design and participate in end-user acceptance testing
- Present solution options to customer, evaluating the pros and cons of declarative configuration against code and customization
- Perform impact analysis for scope change requests, document changes to requirements, configuration, and data mapping
- Participate in declarative system configuration when necessary
- Provide technical and functional expertise to project teams
- Participate in training content development and Administrator end-user training delivery
- Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
- 2+ years of CRM experience, preferably Salesforce
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with packaged applications, preferably Salesforce, implementing full project lifecycles. Other areas of experience may include Oracle CPQ Cloud, Apttus, Oracle Fusion CRM or similar enterprise-level applications. Specific qualifications:
- Content knowledge - Experience designing and implementing Product catalog and order management-based solutions with advanced pricing and configuration capabilities
- Analytical techniques - Experience leading requirements gathering sessions and documenting the outcome, including designing process flows and helping define test scripts. Ability to transform product and pricing data for use in a CPQ solution
- System configuration - Ability to effectively design a scalable solution to meet client business needs, and participate in system configuration when necessary
- Project management - Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with the complete lifecycle of complex enterprise projects; understanding of core project management concepts, theories, practices, and methods
- Change management and scope control - Experience performing impact analysis for potential changes in scope; ability to administer change management processes within a specified framework, including regularly reviewing issues management and change control logs to understand status and identify potential risk situations
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies and tools such as Scrum, Jira, and Rally
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including CPQ, Billing, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, App Cloud, Communities and AppExchange solutions
- Understanding of complementary CPQ applications such as DocuSign, Adobe Sign, and Avalara Tax
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to skillfully manage various client and team member organization levels
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.