|Revenue Senior Accountant|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Revenue Senior Accountant
This person will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis associated with revenue recognition as well as other various duties, including determining accounting treatment for rebates as well as financial reporting and analysis. The ideal candidate will have experience working in accounting system software, monthly G/L close processes, financial analysis and will have an understanding of advanced accounting principles (including ASC 606). This position will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager and will work with various teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We are Slalom Accounting:
· We dig in. Every number tells a story, and we thrive on taking a deeper dive. We are not afraid of the details.
· We go above and beyond. Going the extra mile for the internal clients that we support is our specialty.
· We have fun. Accounting may not be inherently entertaining, but we do everything we can to make our work enjoyable.
· We celebrate each other. Accomplishments and contributions are recognized often at fun events (food & drink included!).
· We give back. Volunteering as a group allows us to give back to our community while strengthening our team bond.
· We are the best of the best. We bring our A-game to everything we do.
You may be a candidate for this role if:
· You inspire those around you with your enthusiasm to deliver and desire to continually one-up your personal best.
· You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving and critical thinking and are always on the lookout for process improvement opportunities.
· You are a lifelong learner who is self-motivated and excited about new challenges.
· You are a first-rate communicator with a niche for explaining complex ideas in a simple and direct way.
· You adapt easily and see rapid changes to tasks, procedures, systems, and more as learning opportunities.
· Review contracts to understand revenue recognition implications and propose accounting treatment.
· Review and determine the appropriate accounting treatment for various discounts and rebates.
· Manage selected balance sheet and income statement accounts.
· Prepare monthly revenue journal entries, including revenue recognition, accruals, adjustments, and more.
· Prepare various monthly and ad hoc reporting.
· Perform monthly analytical review of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
· Contribute to audit and tax preparation by providing requested documentation and analysis.
· Drive continued process improvement, including working cross-functionally, to create repeatable, consistent best practices that enable scale.
· Handle special projects, as identified.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting concentration preferred.
· CPA preferred
· 4-5 years of progressive revenue accounting experience in mid/large size, international or fast-growing companies.
· Strong understanding of GAAP and ASC 606 preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel; experience with Power Query a plus.
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to present findings and interact cross-functionally at various levels of the organization.
· Detail oriented with superior critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Ability to recognize urgency in solving problems and respond creatively in a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization.
· Ability to think downstream and outside the box.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.