|Cloud Solution Architect|
Cloud Solution Architect, Data & Analytics
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 29 cities across the US, UK, and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by seven regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Data & Analytics at Slalom
The Data & Analytics team at Slalom is a full-service data practice with competencies across information strategy, modern data architecture, data visualization, and data science. As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for crafting and delivering creative cloud solutions for our clients. Your duties will include designing, building and automating cost effective, resilient, and secure cloud-based applications, as well as migrations of existing workloads to public clouds. As a trusted partner, you will also be in a position to advise clients on the relative merits of selecting and implementing various architecture patterns within their current infrastructure or implementing new automation strategies in the cloud.
Slalom’s consultants have a variety of roles at client sites. You may help to architect and design cloud automation solutions, or serve as a lead, running the productivity of a Cloud Engineering team. You will help clients with and cloud adoption strategies by engineering solutions that deliver measurable business value, using ground breaking technologies.
• Responsible for design and delivery of end-to-end data architecture solutions in cloud environments.
• Play a crucial role in fostering client relationships by conducting & leading whiteboard sessions, workshops & project meetings.
• Lead technical design sessions; architect & document technical solutions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client’s current state & desired end state.
• Create conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms.
• Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems.
• Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability.
• Share the leading practices with internal team members and clients.
• Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals.
• Provide technical direction and oversight to cloud implementation teams.
• Nurture relationships with our cloud partners (AWS, Microsoft & Google) and establish collaboration opportunities.
• A B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience.
• 10+ years of experience specializing in data warehousing and business intelligence solution architecture, design & development.
• 4+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud-based solutions.
• 3+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies.
• Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud-based services for business teams or consumers.
• Deep product knowledge and understanding of product features including:
o AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
o IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Solutions
o Hybrid Cloud Solutions
• Deep knowledge and understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery. principles, patterns and usage.
• An understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies.
• Experience configuring and tuning cloud hosted solutions and platforms.
• Experience supporting production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment.
• Experience with performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques.
• Experience with encryption and key management principles and design patterns.
• Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies).
• Experience with automation and DevOps principles.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
• Experience with Single-sign-on (SSO) solutions including SAML and OAuth authentication options.
• Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs.
• Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
• Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to run strategic projects and collaborate with executive client leadership.
• Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team with limited supervision.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.