|Agile Enablement Consultant|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: Agile Enablement Consultant
Slalom is seeking a talented, experienced consultant capable of working in a delivery role to support Slalom-built solutions and a coaching role supporting teams and organizations adopting Lean-agile approaches to solution development.
In delivering solutions, the Agile Enablement Consultant will be comfortable providing leadership to plan, drive, organize, and motivate agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. They will be comfortable exercising these skills in both small and large, complex projects consisting of multiple agile teams and/or requiring integration with activities outside the scope/sphere or responsibility of the agile teams, as well as playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
In supporting lean-agile adoptions, the Agile Enablement Consultant will be expected to leverage their deep understanding of lean-agile principles and draw from experience to help clients in delivery and/or agile transformation. It will be expected that they can work with development teams, management, senior leaders and various stakeholders to understand organizational and business challenges to help clients understand the constraints on the flow of value. They will also be able deliver targeted training and group workshops to learn and use new practices in Scrum and Kanban.
As the team and organization needs change, the Agile Enablement Consultant may play a number of different roles in actual practice to achieve necessary outcomes, including: Agile Coach, Agile Mentor, Instructor, Project Manager, Scrum Master, Quality Analyst, Business Analyst, Functional Analyst and/or a liaison between Senior Leaders, Product Management, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Teams.
• Serves as an expert and professional coach, facilitator, mentor, trainer, and consultant
• Uses servant leadership , enabling teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective practices that emphasize team and organizational agility
• Understands and can address business drivers for implementing practices that emphasize team and organizational agility
• Advises and guides executives, directors, managers, teams (including Product Owners), to implement / improve agile development approaches. Works to help all levels of the organization understand the benefits of these approaches.
• Works well with other coaches and Scrum Masters
• Helps the teams assess their “Agile Maturity” and achieve higher levels of maturity
• Is able to launch new agile teams who can become self-sustaining by creating an environment and culture for them to maximize team effectiveness
• Partners with the Delivery Manager, Tech Lead, and other stakeholders to understand and advocate for achieving technical best practices and meaningful delivery
• Works with Product Owners on a continual basis to refine and prioritize the backlogs, and the quality of the tickets within those backlogs
• Facilitates all Sprint ceremonies within the Scrum Framework, and may facilitate multi-team events such as Release Planning
• May support cross-team dependency identification, tracking and resolution
• BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
• 3+ years of experience as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Agile Project, Product or Program manager
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
• Prior experience with agile methodologies (including Scrum and Kanban) with enterprise-level application development projects
• One or more Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO). SAFe certifications and experience (SA, SP, SPC4) highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.