|Financial and Analytics Business Analyst - Business Advisory Services|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Financial and Analytics Business Analyst
Slalom is seeking a consultant with finance/accounting, modeling, analytics, and project management experience to join its dynamic team. Successful candidates should demonstrate leadership and flexibility, as well as the ability to build rapport with clients, team members, managers, and senior executives. The individual in this role must be able to apply skills and methodology to manage others, proactively mitigate risks, resolve issues, and escalate projects when appropriate.
Slalom’s consultants work across multiple disciplines and industries and must be able to understand their clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly.
• Understanding how to measure critical business issues and design rhythms of the business to manage and measure performance.
• Building and using Excel based or data driven models to make decisions.
• Able to build dashboards and scorecards to measure performance.
• Improving the budgeting and planning process with new tools and process.
• Developing new business models leveraging Microsoft’s Power BI tools or managing the implementation of new systems that impact financial systems.
• Creating and executing improvement plans adapted to the client environment.
• Mentoring clients, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of less experienced consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery.
• Working in multiple disciplines across industries and build client knowledge and credibility quickly (projects vary in length, lasting anywhere from a few weeks to several months).
• Designing and conducting readiness assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
• Demonstrating leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
• Identifying potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address concerns.
• CPA/MBA or both and experience leading large projects in a consultative environment.
• Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Power BI, other analytics applications.
• A history of mentoring and or teaching others to use process, organization, change, and/or learning improvement methodologies
• Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of individual changes
• Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
• Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
• Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills; rigorous approach to project management to deliver enterprise-level projects
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.