|Experience Design Consultants (UX, UI, Product Design & Research)|
Experience Design Consultants (UX, UI, Product Design & Research)
We're a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We’re an award-winning firm with a nice twist: our Charlotte office works within the Charlotte market, so there's no unwanted travel policies for our consultants!
Our Experience Design Team is just getting going in Charlotte. This is an opportunity to join the team as we build our capabilities specific to opportunities in Charlotte. As a partner, our key strength is in understanding and defining the customer landscape, how to play within it, while evolving ways to think about users and their experiences.
We’re looking for thinkers, collaborators, and makers. If you’re a natural storyteller who thrives at the intersect of business/design/tech and have deep T-shaped strengths enriched by a collage of one or more of our below roles, we’d love to grab coffee and connect:
· Experience (UX) Designers
· Visual (UI) Designers
· Product Designers
· User / Design Researchers
Here’s a window into the life of our Experience Design practitioners:
• Partner with Fortune 100 clients and other Slalom practitioners to conduct discovery workshops, map customer journeys, design web, app and service experiences —both b2b and b2c
• Produce clickable prototypes, visual design and IA artifacts, partnering with clients and Slalom offices nationwide
• Facilitate user testing and synthesize the output to help drive iteration and evolution of the products
• Work with development teams and project leadership to define and refine scope
• Plan, conduct, and lead white-boarding sessions, workshops, and project meetings.
• Review UI to ensure proper implementation, and work with technical teams to hone the experience and polish of the final output.
• Draw on your skills to tell users’ stories and address their needs, while marrying that with business goals.
• Jump into projects across industries -- including retail, healthcare, technology, finance, and energy, and more!
• 4+ years of experience in interactive design, information architecture and visual design
• 2+ years of relevant client facing experience—consulting or agency
• Consistent attention to detail in your deliverables, and confidence in articulating your design decisions to clients.
• Confirmed track-record of hands-on user-interface design leadership
• Expert-level proficiency with common design software (Adobe suite, Sketch, etc)
• Quick starter and nimble/creative under project constraints
• Real passion for seamless design and the creative process
• Strong interest in and passion for learning new technologies and design skills
• A portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, process, and innovation in related fields
• Strong web and mobile chops, and an interest in the tech that drives them -- as well as SaaS, data vis, dashboards
• Bonus points if you love data and/or you’re a design advocate -- someone who loves to share and coach others as much as you love to learn.
Tell us what you love doing and what your next quest looks like!
Does this feel like you? Do you apply empathy to design as well as client relationships? If so, we'd love to hear your story!
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.