|Power BI Developer|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on technology, strategy, and business transformation. At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. Our consultants across the U.S., U.K., and Canada move fast and share insights to deliver high-impact business results.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 29 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada
We are also proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, 2018 Microsoft Power BI Global Partner of the Year, Premier AWS Partner, Platinum Salesforce Partner, Google Premier Partner, 5x Tableau Partner of the Year, 2018 Snowflake Partner of the Year, and 2018 Dell Boomi Partner of the Year.
Role: Power BI Developer
Slalom is seeking a Power BI Developer to join our newly formed Regional Delivery Team – West. This role sits in Seattle, and the team is a growth engine providing local markets access to cutting-edge capabilities and scarce expertise. You will help incubate new capabilities and support delivery in our local Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, East Bay, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and Phoenix markets. The role will include 30-40% travel throughout the region.
You will be part of The Microsoft Center of Excellence (CoE), which focuses on Azure technology consulting for applications and analytics, Power BI, and the Power Platform plus Dynamics 365. This role is for someone who is passionate about developing innovative analytics solutions to help organizations drive strategic business outcomes and to enable data-driven insights. You will be responsible for client delivery, complex solutioning, and knowledge management.
· Lead customer workshops to identify dashboard and report requirements
· Build and deliver world-class dashboard and analytics solutions using Microsoft’s Power BI and related Azure data services
· Configure data intake using Query and its formula language, ‘M’
· Create data models
· Write calculations using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
· Create dashboard and reports
· At least four years of analytics work experience with at least one year of Power BI applied in the workplace
· Proficient with SQL
· Experienced with DAX – e.g., able to write ‘Calculate’ functions.
· Strong client-facing written and oral communications skills
· Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
· Self-driven individual with a bias for action and a passion for analytics
· Adept at data prep, data modeling and data visualization
· Ability to travel 30-40%
· Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline
· Prior professional services experience
· Experience with Azure data services (Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Database)
· Active Microsoft certifications
· Web services development experience
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.