Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on technology, strategy, and business transformation. At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. Our consultants across the U.S., U.K., and Canada move fast and share insights to deliver high-impact business results.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 29 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
We are also proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, 2018 Microsoft Power BI Global Partner of the Year, Premier AWS Partner, Platinum Salesforce Partner, Google Premier Partner, 5x Tableau Partner of the Year, 2018 Snowflake Partner of the Year, and 2018 Dell Boomi Partner of the Year.
Role: Technical Architect
Slalom is seeking a Technical Architect to join our newly formed Regional Delivery Team – West. This role sits in Orange County, and the team is a growth engine providing local markets access to cutting-edge capabilities and scarce expertise. You will help incubate new capabilities and support delivery in our local Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, and Phoenix markets. The role will include 30-40% travel throughout the region.
• Collaborate with clients and key stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical and functional requirements, in order to develop creative solutions
• Share knowledge in best practices, design principles, and advanced technologies
• Assist technical project teams and lead design sessions
• Design solutions and provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance on delivery and implementation
• Define the scale and scope of projects, including logical/physical landscape requirements, design, development, and deployment efforts
• Independently develop a strategic hypothesis and point of view to address a problem
• Manage client stakeholders through the strategic process of model-based hypothesis, discovery, analysis, strategic planning, and conclusion
• Generate thought leadership in one's chosen area of specialization
• Development of “trusted adviser” relationships with clients
• 10+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
• 5+ years' experience providing technical solutions development for SaaS and on-prem applications using Java or .NET Technologies
• Experience analyzing, designing, and planning of cross-domain architecture components for the successful development and execution of a strategy
• Previous creation of models that describe the core functional capabilities of an IT delivery organization
• Familiarity with and/or ability to ramp-up on new technologies like AI, Big Data, IoT, etc., and apply them individually or in combination to enable new business value
• Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
• Development of strategies, or the mobilization of capabilities in one or more of the following areas: Agile, Cloud Migration, Application Rationalization, Application Modernization, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Architecture Blueprints, API’s, Micro-Services, Asset Re-use, IT Service Management, Product Management
• Ability to integrate with and collaborate with sales executives, client leads, other practice areas, account teams, and engagement teams
• Outstanding interpersonal skills (both in presentation and comprehension)
• Highly self-driven and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Aptitude for learning new technologies, and thought leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Ability to travel 30-40%
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.