Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom is seeking an Operations Manager to join our Orange County Office. This energetic, connected team supports our growing team through program management, communications, event management, on-boarding, facilities, and general business operations. We support an amazing group of bright, passionate, experienced engineers, consultants, and leaders. We value taking ownership and getting things done. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated commitment to excellence, flexibility, poise, confidence, and the ability to interface with our leadership team in a professional manner.
• Provide operational leadership in a team environment & partner with our leadership team
• On-board new employees
• Planning and oversight of office events from the early stages to day-of execution, with duties including: venue/vendor negotiations, budgeting, communications, menu planning, vendor coordination, on-site event setup, etc.
• Plan and implement culture programs for the Slalom Build Team in an effort to continue to be a best place to work
• Partner with our Spaces team to identify office growth needs, oversee space re-configurations, and help to maintain a clean and organized working environment, including overseeing office and kitchen supplies
• Manage office purchases
• Liaison to IT support
• Build relationships with other Operations teams to promote and foster internal communications
• Manage internal programs to continue to improve our processes across our multiple Build Centers
• 4+ years of experience in an operations setting, preferably in a fast paced and challenging environment
• 1+ years managing a small team
• Event Management experience preferred
• Excellent grammatical, editing, and proofreading skills required
• Scrupulous attention to detail, able to develop and maintain highly organized work environment
• Proven ability to set priorities and work independently with little or no supervision
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously; while remaining flexible and consistently meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
• Problem solver who seeks sustainable solutions vs isolated fixes
• A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that events we participate in reflect that belief
• Maintains professional composure at all times
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Advanced skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.