|Consultant - Solution Owner|
Who we are
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 to 2018, Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
One of our fastest-growing capabilities is Slalom Build, which uses agile engineering to deliver custom-built digital products and solutions. Slalom Build is a network of seven Build Centers that consist of passionate technology builders of wide variety of disciplines including solution ownership, quality engineering, software engineering, experience design, cloud architecture and devops automation. Strategic partners include Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tableau, and Google Cloud.
Consultant – Solution Owner
What we're looking for
Slalom is seeking a talented, self-starting Consultant level Solution Owner to lead the discovery and implementation phases of complex projects for Slalom-built solutions. As a Consultant level Solution Owner, you will lead a single workstream team with focus on exemplary quality assurance and excellent client management. Your primary responsibilities include organizing and prioritizing product backlog, partnering with the Product Owner and leading the agile team.
What you'll do
• Lead a single agile team, focused on singular workstream often as part of multi-workstream programs.
• Maintain client/partner relationships and focus of all project stakeholders on the Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
• Work with Product Owners and Solution Architects to define and deliver the technology solutions for clients
• Promotes innovative scrum and delivery leadership solutions, methodologies and proposals
• Sets sprint and release schedules and goals
• Leads Slalom’s PEM Discovery phase with Solution Architects and Experience Design
• Mentors junior resources including Sr. Analyst Solution Owners
• Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
• 7+ years of consulting experience in agile software development as a project team lead
• Experience in all phases of product development, software development, and testing lifecycles
• Advanced facilitation and communication skillsets
• Hands-on management of single agile teams working on complex projects
• Expertise in agile software delivery methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, and Lean
• A real passion for building software solutions with state-of-the-art technology
• You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law