Slalom is a modern consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five consecutive years from 2016 - 2020 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 35 cities across the U.S., U.K., Australia, and Canada.
Slalom Orange County is actively seeking a hardworking, experienced Principal Consultant to help manage a team of software delivery specialists for Slalom-built solutions. As a Principal Consultant, this individual will also help set strategic direction, deliver solutions, support sales efforts, and help with recruiting, account management, and operational aspects. Additionally, this individual will lead software delivery teams and be the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Teams as well as guide a team of consultants. Working independently, the individual is capable of leading by role or influence, as well as fulfilling or supporting many different roles on an iterative software development team including project manager, scrum master, quality analyst, business analyst, or functional analyst.
Job Title: Principal Consultant, Delivery Leadership
- Supports business development with the accurate information (creation of SOW), tools and domain expertise to sell engagements within the offering
- Drive value to clients through consulting delivery by building strong partner relationships with clients and others and aligning them to achieve client goals
- Lead, grow, and develop a team of consultant direct reports so that they become high-performing as individuals and as members of a team
- Define and work within an agile project governance framework (e.g. establish team cadence, run Scrum ceremonies and backlog grooming sessions, etc.)
- Be responsible for owning the Agile software delivery team, handle issues and mitigate risks.
- Be the functional and domain specialist for the solution and act as the liaison between Product Ownership, Project Governance, and the Development/Implementation Team
- Work with the Product Owner to define the product by identifying requirements and thinking critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that effectively communicate the Product Owner’s requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams
- Work with the engineering team, in particular the Solution Architect, to define and validate the technical approach, strategy and deliverables for the project
- Attend and lead meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios, and validate results
- Prepare and deliver client presentations and work products/prototypes
- Work with and lead QA teams in the execution of test plans, verification of sprint feature releases, assistance in triaging defects for engineering & QA teams
- 5-10 years of management/leadership experience
- Sophisticated project delivery including all aspects of program/project management
- 7+ years of a combination of consulting experience within Agile Software development as a Project or Program manager for a major consulting firm
- Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing lifecycles
- Able to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Skilled at defining and documenting business and functional requirements for ongoing system improvement initiatives in iterative software development environments
- Strong investigative, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Solid grasp of software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean
- Familiarity with Agile delivery toolsets (e.g. JIRA, TFS, etc.)
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
- Familiarity with all types of technical documentations (process maps, BRDs, system diagrams, user experience, application maps, test plans, user stories, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate a vast array of information
- Experience leading all Agile ceremonies including: sprint planning, review, demo, and stand-up sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related fields
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.