|Client Service Leader - Retail & CPG|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
We are looking for a spectacular Client Service Lead to manage service delivery and cultivate relationships for growth within our Retail & CPG client group.
As a CSL you will be focused on our clients – delivering amazing work and establishing great relationships, thereby growing existing accounts and opening doors to new ones. You will deliver solutions that further develop our transformation story and build on our strong foundation with our current strategic and emerging alliance partners.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Delivery: managing technology and/or business advisory professional services, acting in both a leadership and advisory capacity; oversight of all work being performed at the client, as well as hands on responsibility for delivering client work
• Account Management: ownership of designated account P&Ls, sales, client satisfaction, team engagement and delivery success; manage engagement risk, project economics and forecasting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client
• Business Development: generating sales opportunities for Slalom, growing the Slalom brand and network, collaborating with one or more Slalom sales executives and practice area leaders to create proposals, and responding to client RFP responses and service requests (hands-on creation of NDA, MSA, SOW, et al.)
• Strategy: member of the market leadership team supporting the retail and CPG industry portfolio direction, strategy and goal setting
• Business Operations: driving growth in revenue by managing existing client relationships and facilitating new logo growth using your professional network
• Market Leadership: promoting Slalom in the market by attending / speaking at industry events, panels, etc.
• People Management: providing guidance, supervision and coaching to the team members assigned to the account and projects
• Culture & Values: enhancing the Company’s culture and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis
• Direct Revenue responsibility of $2-5MM (additional goals for profitability of assigned local accounts and utilization)
• Enhancing Slalom capabilities by developing and delivering best practices, templates, and thought leadership
• Maintaining awareness of industry best practices and business levers for a particular client list and understanding how Slalom practice areas interact
• 12-15 years prior consulting or account management experience is required
• 8+ years management/leadership experience
• 8+ years of advanced project delivery including all aspects of program/project management
• Previous P&L responsibilities
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully across all levels of the organization
• Excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Proven track record of client/employee satisfaction
• Previous experience within Retail or CPG (an asset)
Slalom Is An Inclusive Employer Dedicated To Building A Diverse Workforce. We Encourage Applications From All Qualified Candidates And Will Accommodate Applicants’ Needs Under The Respective Provincial Human Rights Codes Throughout All Stages Of The Recruitment And Selection Process. Please Advise The Talent Acquisition Team If You Require Accommodations During The Interview Process.