Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 30 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: Paralegal, Legal Operations
The individual in this role will provide comprehensive legal guidance to all Slalom, LLC divisions. This position will have frequent contact with all levels of Slalom, LLC managers and employees, as well as outside partners, customers and vendors.
We are Slalom:
- We like donuts. Who doesn't?
- We whiteboard. Best way to come up with a good idea is eliminate a few bad ones.
- We pick each other up. There aren't any breadsticks, but when you're here you're family.
- We smile. Coworker out of town for the holidays? Help us gift wrap their desk. And chair. And monitors. You get the idea.
- We play. There's something in the air here… oh, it's a Nerf dart. You have to watch out for those!
- We build. When we aren’t creating amazing solutions, you can find us inventing something new on our Lego wall.
- We have a purpose. We help our people, clients, and communities be amazing.
- Oh, and we were recently voted Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! But enough about us…
You may be a candidate for this role if: (a few ideas to get your started)
- You are excited to get out of bed every day and see what you can tackle.
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving.
- You have a thorough understanding of Legal Services.
- Work directly with legal team members, and other internal leaders to research and analyze laws and investigate issues.
- Assist in the preparation of legal documents to support internal and external clients.
- Provide front-line legal support for all divisions and service and product offerings across all geographies.
- Maintain a file system for legal documents and provide administrative support for legal department.
- Manage administrative process of client-facing contracts
- Provide transactional and litigation support to internal personnel and outside counsel.
- Provide support for complex projects and communications across various cross-departmental company functions.
- Draft and negotiate agreements, amendments, addenda and other documents to new and existing client and vendor contracts.
- Train business groups on relevant legal issues, policies, and processes.
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of topics such as marketing and advertising, consulting services, intellectual property licensing, privacy, and contract interpretation.
- Other duties as needed.
- 4+ years of Paralegal experience
- Transactional experience in sophisticated legal environments, with an emphasis on contract drafting and legal writing
- Strong analytical skills and problems solving ability
- Quality work product
- High degree of professionalism with demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
- Initiative and ability to be proactive and take calculated risks within defined boundaries
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to legal issues, balancing legal risks against business interests
- Dependability and Accountability
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated client focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong collaborator
- Process oriented with the ability and desire to find efficiencies, suggest and implement improvements.
- Interest in working on non-traditional legal projects and initiatives on an ad hoc basis.
- Paralegal Certificate
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.