Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 31 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Applications Analyst, Collaboration + Productivity
Slalom IT is hiring an Applications Analyst for our Collaboration and Productivity team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about collaboratively solving complex problems and dedicated to delivering high quality work in a fun, team-oriented environment. This role will report to the Collaboration and Productivity Program Manager and work closely with our team’s Business Analyst and Solutions Engineer, as well as IT’s Support team and other program teams.
The Applications Analyst will be responsible for support, configuration, administration, and light training for Slalom’s key collaboration and productivity applications. Typical tasks include managing an intake queue of tickets and requests, troubleshooting and researching web and desktop application issues, conducting root-cause analysis to fully understand issues and requests, seeing issues and problems through to resolution, providing training for Slalom employees and groups on features and best practices for our applications, working with our software vendors to troubleshoot as needed, configuring systems and settings, managing system security and access, planning and conducting system testing, developing and monitoring reporting on our applications, and collaborating with project team members to support successful project delivery.
A successful candidate will be hands-on and have the desire to help in all areas of Information Technology in addition to having excellent analysis skills, a love of troubleshooting, a creative mindset, and a proven track record for successful delivery. The Application Analyst should be able to work with little supervision in a fast-paced environment and provide top-notch customer service.
We are Slalom IT:
- We like to laugh and have fun. Who doesn't?
- We whiteboard. Best way to come up with a good idea is eliminate a few bad ones.
- We pick each other up. When you're here, you're family.
- We smile. Coworker out of town for the holidays? Help us gift wrap their desk. And chair. And monitors. You get the idea.
- We play. There's something in the air here… oh, it's a Nerf dart. You have to watch out for those!
- We build. When we aren’t creating amazing solutions, you can find us inventing something new on our Lego wall.
- We have a purpose. We help our people, clients, and communities be amazing.
- Oh, and we were recently voted Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! But enough about us…
You may be a candidate for this role if:
- You are excited to get out of bed every day and see what you can tackle
- You are a self-starter with a creative energy and passion for problem solving
- You love to solve problems and look for ways to optimize our employees’ experience and our team’s processes.
- Manage the intake of tickets and requests escalated from the front-line support team.
- Provide technical support for our key systems by seeking understanding of the desired outcomes for the end-user, troubleshooting issues, defining the root cause of the issues, and carrying out a solution or escalating to advanced technical staff or to our software vendors.
- Demonstrate system functionality and provide light training on system features and best practices
- Develop plans to research, test, and prototype technology and features so that we can understand how they will impact our employee userbase, and carry out plans after aligning with team
- Provide technical and functional expertise to project teams, sometimes write software requirements, functional requirements, training materials, and knowledge base articles
- Configure system settings and security/access
- Monitor our key systems by building on or developing reports and analytics options that keep us informed about the health of our collaboration and productivity systems.
- Identify opportunities to empower and elevate our front-line support team members to optimize each level of support and provide excellent service for our employees
- Advocate for end-user experience throughout design and delivery of solutions
- 3+ years of experience with user support, application support, or applicable subject area
- An excellent track record in a customer service or application support role
- Experience using and supporting collaboration applications such as SharePoint, Slack, Teams, Skype, OneDrive, Atlassian suite, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in configuring and implementing technical solutions in cooperation with business customers
- Experience in roles requiring strong technical writing skills to develop comprehensive specifications and documentation for business and software functionality
- Experience re-engineering workflows and processes to maximize efficiency
- Knowledge of the software delivery life cycle and project lifecycle
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional teams in a dynamic organization requiring flexibility, patience, creativity, and the ability to adjust work style to match audience for unique business solutions and changing and/or conflicting priorities
- Customer service mindset – ability to derive clear understanding of business problem/opportunity, solution, and scope, and demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency while remaining calm and balanced
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating right-sized structure in ambiguous environments
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- A continuous improvement mindset – ability to give and receive feedback and always looking for opportunities to continually improve how we deliver solutions to our customers
- Works well in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, both with a team and individually, working with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality or accuracy
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.