|Practice Area Lead - Business Advisory Services|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Job Title: Practice Area Lead – Business Advisory Services
Slalom is seeking a strong practice leader to drive the growth and success of our Strategy and Operations (S&O) consulting capability with our Los Angeles Business Advisory Services (BAS) group.
This role offers a unique opportunity to own and directly contribute to the growth of the practice, which will include recalibration of S&O’s core capabilities with current talent, pipeline (supply/demand), and global BAS strategy. You will be responsible for the development, growth, and quality execution of all our Strategy and Operations capabilities (Business Case Analysis, Market Feasibility, IT and Product strategy, M&A post-merger Integration, Target Operating Model, Process Optimization, Operational Strategy, Growth and Performance). As a member of the Business Advisory Services leadership team, you will also be accountable for other practice-related activities including business development, client relationship management, sales, recruiting, account management, project oversight and practice operations. Additional responsibilities include engagement across practices (Customer Engagement, Technology Enablement, Data & Analytics, and Build) to determine opportunities for cross-engagement and go-to-market.
• Thought Leadership: Provide differentiated perspectives on topics such as operational excellence, technology strategy, and functional strategic alignment to enterprise strategy, serving as subject matter expert and evangelist. Additional focus on quickly understanding Slalom’s capabilities as well as client-facing go-to-market strategies.
• Practice Building: Establish practice direction, strategy, and goals. Identify opportunities for growth/maturation of S&O offerings, and set the direction for that growth
• Business Development: Maintain a productive network of relationships within Los Angeles, including at the C-suite level, lead business development activities, and expand relationships and opportunities at existing Slalom accounts
• Sharing Strategy & Operations expertise with team members through development and delivery of case studies, white papers, learning materials, and other resources to elevate internal knowledge of solutions
• Team & Individual Development: Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity, ability flex to other capabilities, and job satisfaction and assign Practice Area development tasks when resources are between projects
• Engagement Management: Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management at the client
• Enriching Slalom’s culture and exemplify our core values on a day-to-day basis
• 15+ years of strategy consulting experience, preferably with a focus on strategic advisory, operating model development, process improvement, and technology strategy
• Previous experience leading and growing a practice, including preferred (but not required) relationships with prospective clients in the Los Angeles market
• Successful track record with revenue generation
• Domain knowledge within multiple industries such as Media & Entertainment, Financial Services, and/or Retail & Consumer Goods
• Experience working with client organizations of various sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 to mid-market, to late-stage startups
• Proven history of leveraging and growing a client base; organic business development responsibilities
• Expert people management and business operations skills (SOWs, practice area financials, utilization)
• Ability to manage teams and relationships across multiple clients
• Ability to assess and leverage strengths of a diverse group of people to maximize team performance, and proven success growing / developing people
• Proven negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Preferred experience showcasing capabilities and quals in the public eye (hackathons, LinkedIn videos, client feature videos, conventions, professional orgs., schools)
• BA/BS, MBA preferred
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.