Regional Delivery Partner
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 30 markets across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
We are also proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner, 2018 Microsoft Power BI Global Partner of the Year, Premier AWS Partner, Platinum Salesforce Partner, Google Premier Partner, 5x Tableau Partner of the Year, 2018 Snowflake Partner of the Year, and 2018 Dell Boomi Partner of the Year.
Regional Delivery Partner – Southwest Region
Slalom is seeking a Delivery Partner to join our newly formed Regional Delivery Team – West. This role sits in either Seattle, Orange County, Portland or Northern California and will help scale and deliver our Transformation capabilities across the Southwest Region (Denver, Dallas, Forth Worth, Austin, and Houston). The role will include 80-100% travel throughout the region.
At Slalom, we take a holistic approach to transformations, considering everything from company culture to customer experience and operating model changes. That includes the eventual solution deployment, tools and processes that are necessary to drive meaningful outcomes. As organizations work to remain competitive in their ever-changing industries, they need to develop a clear strategy, embrace an integrated plan for execution and deploy digital solutions.
Slalom is frequently engaged to help clients strategize, assess and deliver digital solutions that not only enable them to thrive, but most often help them transform their business, organizations, and customer experiences entirely. The Regional Delivery Partner is responsible for leading clients on that journey from strategy through execution.
The Delivery Partner is accountable for the following outcomes within Slalom’s accounts where they are engaged as follows:
Drive Strategic Engagement
- Provide sales & delivery expertise on complex engagements (i.e. transformations)
- Clear strategy execution approach enabling clients to connect the dots
- Establish and cultivate senior-most client relationships relevant to the scope of the client transformation
- Provide Slalom customer successes to enhance Slaloms credibility
- Brings best practices and recommendations for key decisions
Land & Expand Through Delivery Excellence
- Provide insights to the account team on new opportunities
- Highly billable role participating in deliverables completion (minimum 50% utilization)
- Leverage delivery excellence to drive new relationships and opportunities
Increase Client Satisfaction
- Provide innovative ideas by leveraging a One Slalom approach
- Develop clear value delivered stories supported by client references
Decrease Delivery Risk
- Manage enterprise delivery for complex accounts requiring multiple practice areas
- Establish standard governance and delivery methodology across accounts
- Acts as glue between sales and delivery; ensure what is sold can be delivered
- Leverage latest Shared Services processes, methods, templates and tools (i.e. Slalom_Build in a box, PEM, Agile Transformation Offering, etc.)
- Manage Stakeholder Delivery Expectations: Engage with account and sales teams to set delivery expectations up front in the contracting process and managing delivery outcomes throughout the engagement. Develop/review and negotiate SOWs with clients and account teams to decrease risk for both parties and assure a successful delivery outcome
- Land & Expand Through Delivery Excellence: Engage with client, account and sales teams to identify expanded and emerging engagements where Slalom practice areas can provide value added services through flawless delivery excellence. Identify opportunities for new business transformation and technical solutions work
- Connecting Teams/Connecting Deliverables: Align delivery teams against business outcomes where applicable. Ensure that alignment around connected engagements in coordinated and rework across engagements is minimized
- Strategic & Program Advisory: Delivery partners engage in the creation of deliverables and conducting workshops to seed additional work for Slalom. Provide management of client program teams which may include Slalom, FTEs or other vendors. Areas of deliverables driving utilization targets may include: Industry and best practice insights, strategy development, operating model changes, portfolio Governance, and implementation oversight
- Cross-Program Delivery Management: Establish and orchestrate the Rhythm of Business for cross team delivery management to address team issues, cross program risks, program interdependencies, client escalations, etc. Maintain strong client relationships and manage/lead Slalom internal steering committee meetings
- Engagement Team Management: Accountable for all team onboarding, staffing requirements, team activities, resource issues and escalations from client. Provide guidance and coaching to team members regarding quality of deliverables, client recommendations and strategic advisory methods and tools. Mentor team members and clients on experiential lessons learned and industry best practices
- Engagement Profitability: Accountable for overall profitability of engagements the delivery partner is managing. Accountable for positioning and working with account and sales team on engagement investments in the client and supporting messaging around the same.
- Effectively Utilize Slalom Shared Services: Accountable for ensuring that shared services that are available to clients is effectively utilized including: PEM Methodology, Finance for contract terms and MSAs, EMO for engagement setup, analytics and resourcing, Legal for contracting, Marketing around customer success stories and branding, Alliances for partnership meetings and messaging, Enterprise Sales resources (i.e. salesforce), operations for analyst relations, facilities, etc.
- 15+ years’ experience
- BA/BS Degree
- Director or VP level experience within a large consulting firm
- 1+ years delivering Cloud-based solutions
- Demonstrated operational experience supporting multiple business functions within global entity
- Large scale ERP or equivalent implementation experience demonstrating ability to navigate through client political issues, multiple business function alignment, deployment issues, regulatory and compliance issues, etc.
- Experience managing complex/multi-practice Sales & Delivery engagements which may include large scale development programs, Digital/Business Transformations (I.e. Including Cloud Transformation, Agile Transformation, Service Transformation, Sales Transformations, Operational Transformation, etc.), and new strategic client engagements. The Delivery Partner’s purpose is to ensure overall client satisfaction within complex multi-market and/or cross practice delivery engagements
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully across all levels of the organization
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.