|Raleigh - Salesforce Consultant|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 4,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 6th largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities, and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
The Salesforce Consultant is the primary implementation resource on a Salesforce engagement. He/she works with the project Architect to understand the overall solution design, and is responsible for defining use cases and requirements, building out the declarative aspects of the solution, and authoring supporting documentation.
Project Delivery Responsibilities
• Propose, implement, and manage the implementation of Salesforce solutions that meet business requirements
• Lead client sessions to gather, define, and document business requirements
• Develop implementation estimates and plans for phases of the delivery lifecycle, including development, testing, training, communication, deployment, and post-production support
• Document requirements in the form of use cases
• Demonstrate solution functionality to business stakeholders as needed
• Design and participate in end-user acceptance testing
• Present solution options to customer, evaluating the pros and cons of declarative configuration against code and customization
• Perform impact analysis for scope change requests, document changes to requirements, configuration, and data mapping
• Participate in declarative system configuration
• Provide technical and functional expertise to project teams
• Participate in training content development and Administrator and end-user training delivery
• 2+ years of CRM experience and proven understanding of a full software development lifecycle
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with packaged applications, preferably Salesforce, implementing full project lifecycles. Other areas of experience may include Microsoft, Siebel, SAP, or similar enterprise-level applications. Specific qualifications:
• Content knowledge - Experience designing and implementing Salesforce solutions
• Analytical techniques - Experience leading requirements gathering sessions and documenting the outcome, including designing process flows and helping define test scripts
• System configuration - Ability to effectively design a scalable solution to meet client business needs, and participate in system configuration when necessary
• Project management - Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with the complete lifecycle of complex enterprise projects; understanding of core project management concepts, theories, practices, and methods
• Change management and scope control - Experience performing impact analysis for potential changes in scope; ability to administer change management processes within a specified framework, including regularly reviewing issues management and change control logs to understand status and identify potential risk situations
• Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies and tools such as Scrum, Jira, and Rally
• Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, App Cloud, Communities and AppExchange solutions
• Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire